Spotted Mandarin for sale/swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy Steve

Hiden super user
Reaction score
I need to get rid of this little guy as he has completely stripped my tank of most of the little critters. He's +-3cm

Any decent offers will be acknowledged. Frags are also ok

43448ac946a8ba83.jpg

Very mature tank, pref with a pod cultivating area incorporated into the system. Think about them before you get one, please! :)

I bought it for R200 but wanna get him a home soon. What you prepared to offer jacques? Any spare frags or live rock would do as well.

I see robski asked first but a 130L aint gonna cut it. Thats what I have and he cleared the pods in like a month. Unless you have another tank I don't think I can sell him to ya. Sorry.

did you read the whole thread about how they need a mature tank that is large bla bla bla bla?

Mandarinman, isn't your tank a little nano?

Nano is old tank. Now four foot with approx thirty kilos of liverock some of which was transferred from my nano and rest from exquisite reefs. Tank is mature.

Have clavuleria(green) ,red mushrooms various star polyps and hammer corals , frogspawn

.Thanks for your opinion henk as you can see this is a buy and sell thread,lets keep it that way, and i am quite competent in determining the maturity and state of my tank and wether a mandarin would survive in it. I must say i appreciate the fact that u have the fishes interests at heart

Hi ManderinMan - I am glad that you know that your tank is mature enough. It is bad enough that we hear to often of lifestock dying off.... And I just LOVE manderins...... And I gather, as your nickname states -so do you.

It would just not be nice to hear in 4 weeks time that the poor little manderin has died....

the fish will slowly starve in your tank.... i am glad Steve has shown that he has the fish's best interest atheart by not selling it to the 1st guy that asked for it... lets hope it goes into a mature system like Jacques

Henk please stick to the rules of the thread. You have no idea regarding the suitability of my tank as you have not seen it. What stock it has in it or anything else!

OK - as this is indeed a "For Sale/For Swap" thread, we should rather stop with the comments. Fishy Steve - please indicate whether you are prepared to sell/swap the manderin with ManderinMan, or not.
ManderinMan - I am QUITE sure that Henk also has the manderin's life and health in mind, therefor his concerned comments. I do not and cannot see any other reason for him making comments, other than worrying that the fish might die in a non-mature tank.
As he has been in this game long enough to have seen these poor little creatures die too often in many tanks that do not have enough food for these critters.
The problem is, I also know that you had a manderin before, that your previous manderin ate prepared foods, and this one does not.
So, it is VERY likely that you might be underestimating the damage that these little fish could cause to an aquarium's population.
The beautiful manderin I had, which died last year December of whitespot (I had a VERY VERY bad outbreak in my tank), nearly decimated the pod population in my 2 METRE tank.
Therefor Henk's concerns....

BUT - the deal would still be between you and Fishy Steve. So, if Steve agrees, then the fish is yours.

From now onwards - no more comments guys, please.

Rather escalate issues with mods/admins in future. Please.

Many thanks and all have a great week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom