REEF AQUATICS - Auction Zone !!!!

Andre..auction or not, don't try and sell things that are passed their sell buy date on the forum. My local supermarket won't sell expired rotten goods. Attempting to sell expired goods that CANNOT BE USED is unethical. Adding them to your mix of things to make the deal appear sweeter is unacceptable.
Do you use expired kits on your and your clients tanks?

Andre..auction or not, don't try and sell things that are passed their sell buy date on the forum. My local supermarket won't sell expired rotten goods. Attempting to sell expired goods that CANNOT BE USED is unethical. Adding them to your mix of things to make the deal appear sweeter is unacceptable.
Do you use expired kits on your and your clients tanks?
David please don't interfere with our auction thread. It's an auction. If everything not divulged I'd agree with you.

Let me reiterate, this is an auction, just like Burchmoors auctions selling accident damaged vehicles.

AUCTIONED AS SEEN.

I'm trying to instill fun excitement in this hobby, Pls allow me to do this, thanks a stack.

Why sell something that cannot be used? how is that fun? So someone buys the lot, speed reads and misses that the test kits are expired...they get false readings and tank crashes....everything dies....how much fun is that?

Damaged vehicles can be repaired or sold for spares, an expired test kit is USELESS

David, stop, you not not making MODs proud.

Its AN AUCTION ??? You as the bidder have the choice. I'm not selling it to you as you have stated, as a MOD make sure you are 100% with your accusations.

Watch the auction programs on DSTV, when they go into the garage an don't know what they find, but they bid.

Please stop derailing our thread thanx a stack !

Andre

Last edited:
All I asked was to remove the two items that are passed their sell buy dates.
You don't sell expired goods on your website, so why do it here?

@
All I asked was to remove the two items that are passed their sell buy dates.
You don't sell expired goods on your website, so why do it here?
I'm not going to indulge much more. Its a JOB LOT auction, if you want to take this further please go offline with you, me and the forum owner.
Thanks

Last edited:
With all due respect, as mentioned, it was stated that the goods are expired, and if you are stupid enough to speed read things when you are about to buy something, that is your own fault. Its not like there was some fine print, or some legal latin that could have been missed.
Furthermore, the expired kits are clearly labelled, I really dont see the issue, and yes, if i was to win the auction i would be more than content with a few more vials and syringes.
There does seem to be an underlying tone of animosity here.
And No, i have no affiliation to said person, quite frankly, I have never supported his business, nor have I even met him. In fact, slightly annoyed because all times i wanted to support hus business items listed as in stock were not available, and in asking around that seems to be commonplace, but thats another issue. Start a thread about that and I'll jump on that band wagon.
Whats right is right and I am entitled to my opinion, and David, YOUR APPROACH HERE IS WRONG IMHO

Last edited:
Whats the story here!!!!????

This auction is fine, who cares if its past the sell buy, its your own choice to buy it or not, for whatever reason.

I don't agree with how this is being handled!

BTW David, old food gets sold to pig farmers and the likes, it still has value. Just like old test kits do!

Last edited:
Reactions: NJH
My bid, R130, through all the blah blah blah, i think thats where it stood at last.
But should i win, please ONLY send me everything BUT the reagents of the expired kits, least i find some devious use for them....

Why sell something that cannot be used? how is that fun? So someone buys the lot, speed reads and misses that the test kits are expired...they get false readings and tank crashes....everything dies....how much fun is that?

Damaged vehicles can be repaired or sold for spares, an expired test kit is USELESS
i had good test kits before that gave incorrect readings...just saying

Yes and i have had expired kits give better readings than onescwithin their date, but that wasnt wuite Davids point.. in fact, still trying to figure out his point.

This auction is closed, sorry reefers, we thought we'd give you a score.

Andre@ReefAquatics is banned because of this and this auction cannot continue as he has no access with his account !!!

And I believe from reading on a wattsapp group that apparently reef aquatics is now banned??
Now, you might think this has nothing to do with me, but like you, I have been a member on this forum since its inception, and quite frankly, I do not like what i have witnessed lately.
I am passionate about this hobby and passionate about this forum, as it is probably the primary reason for the sucessfull growth of - and increase in successful husbandry in south africa.
A sponsor gets banned because he refuses to bow down to a mod.
Please, if he has broken any rules, i apologize for this rant, but to willy nilly ban someone because it seems like your ego has taken a beating because he would not aknowledge your delusion of authority, is really unacceptable.
I have witnissed a lot through the years, and have read and heard a lot of allegations from banned prople as to how unjustified their banning was.
I have also read and listened to peoples reasons for no longer being active on the forum.
In both cases, i have not simply believed them, I had a look myself and in most cases, i have judged the admins actions justified and the gripes more a case of sour grapes.
I am sorry, but, if the person has been banned, and that on account of this thread, you are putting truth to what i have heard and read.

Now, i have witnessed posts from Andre that i am not always in agreement with, but i have picked up a certain degree of intolerance and animosity from your side towrds this sponsor and i can understand that his modus operandi is not appreciated by everybody on masa , BUT, in no way do i think your actions are justified.
David, Perhaps you should take an introspective look at what you were trying to achieve, and perhaps if you took a different approach, put aside your attitude, bruised ego and agression, you might have achieved your desired result.
In my mind, you have achieved the opposite, alienated more members than you have drawn in this instance, and whether that matters to you, and whether you choose to point the ban stick in my direction too, quite frankly, its no skin off my back, i come here to learn to teach and to make a small contribution where I can....
But please, I implore you to take heed:
Your intentions might be good in your mind, but the way you are going about it, is detrimental to my beloved forum.

Last edited:
Irie well said. That is the exact reason why I avoid the forum at all costs and only use it as a last resort.

Hobby vs Mods with unreasonable rules at times...

Sorry Hobby wins hands down.

PS: I am in total disagreement with selling or even giving away expired "possible reef dangerous" goods and have never interacted with the sponsor involved.

My reason for bidding is that im in need of some of the colour charts for the test kits..
but ja most probably there were some things said of site that we don't know about.
theres always three sides to a incident like this...the truth and then the two parties involved

Back
Top Bottom