Punk's Rimless Reef

Reaction score
hey guys,

in the last 2 years i've bought many tanks and for various reasons unfortunately haven't seen them through to completion. i can definitely say that i've learned a lot and paid lots of school fees

after seeing robin's, submariner's, jaydun's and gaboon's tank etc. i decided it's time to ask adriaan de beer from idol marine to build me another of he's masterpieces

it should hopefully be finished within the next 2-3 weeks

i wanted a rimless (braceless) starfire tank and adriaan suggested we build this beauty:
adriaanDesign.gif

tank volume will be about 1400l

AND adriaan will also be building me the most awesome engine room that only he can

thank you adriaan for giving me such professional service and advice, so far it's been an absolute pleasure doing business with you!

watch this space :)

WOW! AWESOME Punk! PLEASE don't BE SHY with the Pictures! Ask Adriaan for some pics while he is busy with the build! Progress pics!
lol thanks jacques, i'll be taking leave while they build it as i always wanted to see how adriaan does he's magic

be prepared to be spammed with lots of pics :p

Nice PUNK!! Can't wait to see this tank in all it's glory!:)

lol yeah guys i can't wait for this tank to mature, finally i can keep a tang (or 2? :))

Mathewis, yeah dude i saw your stand at adriaan's place the other night... it's huge man!!! hehe
i think the rimless look will look very very nice + you beat me to the awesome AM ligh units adriaan was selling :drool5:

sounds brilliant punk:) going to be great to watch it build, mature and grow out.....i really hope this one goes to completion for you:)

hehe warr, punk's one lshaped tank was on of the first i was goi ng to buy....in FEB, i have lost count of his tanks since then, 4 at least :) so i really do hope we get this fella up and swimming cause he certainly is one that loves marines:)

Yip, he like one of the Lotus 7 kit builder, they just never finish the project :lol:

:lol: yeah i know it's real sad man, i'm just never satisfied with the result then i start from scratch again (or something new grabs my fancy while i'm busy with something :arghh:)

now i'm sitting with 2 x 500l tanks, 1 awesome nano (at least hotdog bought it from me now), a 800x800x800 cube and many bathwater tanks, not to mention all the skimmers, pumps etc. etc.

after this setup i'll have to do some serious spring-cleaning, lots of "bargains" will be available :)

lol yeah guys i can't wait for this tank to mature, finally i can keep a tang (or 2? :))

Mathewis, yeah dude i saw your stand at adriaan's place the other night... it's huge man!!! hehe
i think the rimless look will look very very nice + you beat me to the awesome AM ligh units adriaan was selling :drool5:

Punk - what AM unit is that? I too have on (The Sunlight or something like that).... I am very happy with mine.... Unfortunately a WEE BIT short though..... but I am very happy nonetheless..

Back
Top Bottom