Project RSM130D

Everything coming along nicely.
Frags are all growing.
No algae outbreaks of any substance.
First fish in was a yellow clown goby. This thing simply refused to eat and eventually became part of the systems nutrient cycle. I tried everything, but it was a no go, This thing would have made Bobby Sands proud!

Recently introduced the Yasha and Barber pole gobies. Both eating well, each have claimed their own stations under the rocks.

Also moved the harlequin shrimp from the main DT, so I can see a bit more of it. Plus it finds the star fish a lot easier in a smaller system.

Been doing weekly 20% water changes, using both mix and NSW. Zero nitrates so far.

Will post some pics over this coming weekend.

Amazing how much life I am seeing popping out of the rocks.
No predators like wrasse means pods are every where.

37f47d1c.jpg

dfbc0ceb.jpg

829cdd71.jpg

d16d3208.jpg

bf0d2139.jpg

8d408583.jpg

7879994c.jpg

b912121b.jpg

Nice selection of colours, love the hues on your anemones. They are such amazing specimens, easyish to keep that it is tuff to not keep on adding one more. Like your blue one specifically, it is quite big for a mini?

So true about pod predators. My pigmy wrasse has completely stripped my tank of all the pods, have not seen one for weeks.

Thought my refugium would restock the tank, until my 1cm greenbanded goby jumped over the back into it, completely stripped it of all live in the two days it was in there.

Will ahve to find a way to restock pods :(

Is that a Yashar goby peaking out?

I really like that goby I've been looking around for one of those myself not that easy to find.

Wow you have a really interesting collection of lifestock....fantastic colour choices too.

It all looks Kick ass!

Yip, got a collection of small gobies now. Got two red spotted trimmas, nice fish, think I have mange to pair them up.

Do you have any issue with your Yasha and Barber Pole Goby fighting, they are so similar in shape, behaviour and colours that I was wary to put them together in a nano.

Must admit, a "not stressed" Yasha is one of the most beautiful fish around. Mine has developed bright yellow fins that he parades around with. Not shy at all any more and often swims around in full view for longs stints.

My yasha and barber pole share the same burrow.
I've never seen any aggression between them.

(now my wife and I, thats a whole different story:p)

Well I lost the Yasha this morning.
While feeding the tank this morning, I watched it dive headfirst into a mini carpet anemone.

Going to F%&*king Aptasia-X the lot of them this weekend !!!

Sorry to hear that.
If you do nuke them just be careful they don't poison the tank.

Ya that can be a mission I tried to take one of mine off the rock the other day, and I couldn't get it off.

They will retract when touched so if the foot is under a rock , you will to remove rock to get to the base. Sorry abt your loss ...

They will retract when touched so if the foot is under a rock , you will to remove rock to get to the base. Sorry abt your loss ...
Thanks

Got a couple of nice gobies in there now, am worried about the rest of them, hence why the anemones must come out.
I should have known better:blush:

One of the reasons im scared to get a goby is my mini carpets. I was going to order a yasha goby, and then changed my mind.

Back
Top Bottom