pics pics

Reaction score
Funny to see marine fish with a plant background! Look nice and healthy mate! Why not replace that artificial background with plain blue or black background? Brings the colours of your livestock out more!

Reaction score
Oh also what type of rock do you have in that tank? I might be wrong but it does not look suitable for marine fish. Also it looks very dense and will thus not serve much of a purpose in your filtration.

Go and buy some porous (the more porous the better) "live rock" from your local fish shop and replace it. Make sure it is cured to avoid a cycle.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Cool Werner! I did not know you created a new thread for this.... BUT Cool! Man!

Nice looking tank. The plant background is slightly distracting from the "marine fish" theme....

Just a quick suggestion - the rock that you have in the tank - will MOST LIKELY end up being detritus magnets - causing soem issues with high phosphates/nitrates in the tank water......
Start looking around, and perhaps ask in the "Wanted" thread - for some small pieces of live rock/bio rock...... Then slowly and surely replace the rock in your tank...

Good luck mate! Is looking good for a start! From here it can ONLY get better! BELIEVE ME!

Reaction score
werner5: Doesn't look like bio rock to me (that dark colour would make me concerned it could leech out some substances that would affect coral etc)

BUT

your plan sounds perfect for now. Slowly replace it with live rock. If you go to a reputable local fish shop you can buy some real porous "biorock" and then replace your current rock with half live rock (more expensive) and half biorock.

Reaction score
yup i am going to stick with my plan and remove a piece of rock each month and replace it with live rock;) and i will post a pic of the wrasse as soon as he gets out of the substrate what do you guys think of my sump

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
yup i am going to stick with my plan and remove a piece of rock each month and replace it with live rock;) and i will post a pic of the wrasse as soon as he gets out of the substrate what do you guys think of my sump
I think you need to replace the sump if finances allow to incorporate 3 chambers with a large area for a DSB. Or alternatively remove the middle partition, at least you'll have some space for a DSB. The rings and other stuff inside there gotto go!! Do it by removing it slowly - one or two handfulls a week to give the bacteria a chance to catch up. Where is the skimmer? Sorry if I missed it somewhere else :p
1 chamber - skimmer and inlet from tank, 2nd chamber - DSB, 3rd chamber - return pump to tank and auto top up float valve (if you wanna do a RO auto top up system).
Back ground and rock must go - looks like a freshwater setup, not being funny or something like that - take it as constructive critisizm ;)

Reaction score
Hey Werner. Nice fish you got there. Just keep an eye on that twin spot wrasse. It can grow to around 120cm's. The Twin Spot Wrasse will eat urchins, crabs, shrimp, and small invertebrates. Will also eat snails, sea stars, brittle stars, shrimp, clams, and worms of all kinds, and when larger may eat small fishes. It is an excellent hunter and will leave no rock unturned (literally), in search of food. It has a habit of turning over rubble, therefore can damage plate corals. Cute when small, however, grows too large for most hobbyist aquariums. May bury itself for days upon being introduced in the aquarium.

Last edited: