• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Perky pets closing down...

Reaction score
Hi all , its with great regreat we are closing ... for 4 days while we renovate and move our aquarium department. :m01:

The floor we trade on has been badly damaged by the salt water , so we are taking over the other side of the warehouse.

Before we move we are :
  1. grinding the floor
  2. putting down industrial epoxy coating with a sand embedded for grip in wet areas.
  3. We will have a dedicated qt room , closed off , that's also where we can drip our new fish under red lights ect for less stress.
  4. the R.O salt and municaple water will be re plumbed to be next to each other above new drainige troughs also apoxy coted .
  5. the r.o and salt water will be kept downstairs and pumps will push the water into the taps whenever the tap is opened.
  6. we will have ( Planed ) a coffee bar or lounge area for you lazy people in front of a show tank.
    the Marine tanks and fresh water systems will have dedicated plugs for uplift pumps and lights with a changeover switch for our gennie.
    and lastly a self hep water testing area - do the test and ask for help if necessary :m12:

this is starting today , so have some patience and on Tuesday , we will start moving the marine tanks over 1 a day , and then the fresh water banks.

i would say in about a month , we should be done , but trading again on Monday / Tuesday.

Some pics of the process.

3782555c833f60381.jpg

3782555c833f8afb1.jpg

3782555c83e782c3c.jpg

3782555c83e78ca34.jpg

3782555c83e7977f7.jpg

3782555c83fb87524.jpg

3782555c83fb8f96d.jpg

Hi all , its with great regreat we are closing ... for 4 days while we renovate and move our aquarium department.

lol David, you gave me a scare! :blush:
Good luck with the renovations!

lol , thanks guys - sensationalism is a great advertiser :biggrin:
Its going to be awesome .
The guys half way now with the primer and sand , well work late tonight and get that done for tomorrows first top coat..

But we will have a nice " Opening day sale " when were done !!!:thumbup:
D

wow, that is a lot of bird cages to get out of the way.

And its great to see this eventually happening. The two of us just chatted last time I've been down there a lot about it.

i hope when you reopen you have some kind of loyalty points/ebucks system bro. the amount of money i spend at that store....

Hey , thanks for asking , the marine tanks are done! new stock came in and all looking good.
The QT room is up , not finished , but up.
The salt water is all collected and filled through a valve on the wall ( 2500 liter drum downstairs )
RO drum will be done by Tuesday afternoon.
INVERT TANK WITH SEPARATE TRAYS FOR SPECIES IS RUNNING , LOOKS FANTASTIC !!
still need about 5 ATI lights units to get marine light up properly...

Now we are moving the Fresh water tanks , what a pain all electricles have to be redone and arduous...
Waiting for some wood to be delivered and will still enclose the marine tanks with wood to give a neater finish to the metal stand/ sump and wiring.

Got to get back to work ,
chat soon

P.S
Perky is getting a loyalty system in place so , we shoyuld have news on that in about 2 months if all goes to plan.

D

i was in there today and must say its looking good. Invert set up is very attractive and the RO station is quite smart. looking forward to the rest of the proposed changes and to see what will be going into those side tanks of the invert set up

well done man

Back
Top Bottom