Madreefers 144gl Halfcircle Tank

Reaction score
The Display Tank
Tank.gif

Inside the stand
100_0989.gif

Just took out heating vent and put plumbing in to basement, no need to cut holes
100_1000.gif

Heart of it all in the basement
100_1001.gif

WOW! I like the clean look of the tank and nice scaping as well!:thumbup: Just wish I had seperate space I could use for a engine room, I have so many ideas but don't want all the equipment ending up on the living room floor!

Thanks. It is a hard tank to take pics of because it is round. I changed the aquascaping the other day so it looks alot different now. I should take more pics.

Please do! Just wondering what one of those halfrounds would cost here in SA...:whistling: Are you only running a CLS without any additional pumps, if so how many LPH can your return pump handle?

Please do! Just wondering what one of those halfrounds would cost here in SA...:whistling: Are you only running a CLS without any additional pumps, if so how many LPH can your return pump handle?
I have a Reeflo Barracuda pump 4800gl/hr there is 3.75 liters to a gallon so i think that would be 18000 liters/hr That sounds so high in liters. I paid $3900 Canadian for the tank and the stand

Sheesh, would like one of those to run a CLS, thinking of getting myself a 40000LPH Polario wavemaker when they are finally launced over here- if it's ever going to happen as the date keeps on getting extended. Too affraid to ask how much that would cost in South African rands with import duties and so on! I know it must be a pain to take photos of but it must be a beaut to look at! So please tell us a bit more about your system...

Display 540L - Sump 112L - Refugium 75L - Reeflo Barracuda In-line pump 18000L/Hr - 2 Hydor Korolia #5 - BubbleKing Mini180 Protein Skimmer - DIY Calcium Reactor - AmericanMarine Pinpoint PH Monitor/Controller to run calcium reactor - AmericanMarine PH monitor for tank - AmericanMarine Wireless Thermometer - JBG Auto Top-up - Hot Magnum for carbon -3 200W Jager Heaters - Coralife Aqualight Pro 2 250W MH 14000K with 2 96W PC Actinic and 5 led moonrays - 28W T8 for refugium

Last edited:
As in your welcome thread - VERY NICE SETUP :thumbup:

Very Cool Mad Reefer, makes a welcome change from the usual rectangular box :thumbup:

Very nice... Curious about the reinforcing you have on the floor though.

Tank Update

I changed some things around in my tank and I got a couple of frags off of Snappy and thought I would post some new pics.
100_1424.gif

100_1420.gif

100_1416.gif

100_1410-1.gif

100_1407.gif

100_1399.gif

100_1388.gif

100_1383.gif

100_1380.gif

100_1370.gif

100_1368.gif

100_1345.gif

Wow, your tank is looking awesome. Greg has great corals, you are very lucky to be able to get ;)

wow lovely tank. n ice engine room too, i missed this when you first posted.

i love your mixed reef too, nice variety and well spaced, very well done.

thats a beautiful goniapora, any special needs to keep it like that?

oh and that fox face is stunning :)

Back
Top Bottom