It's alive........

Just try touch stuff after getting a few hairs into the tips of your fingers!!

He he ... OK, so a couple of interesting critters to watch out for when handling things in your tank.

BTW: Will Aiptasia & Mojano sting humans, or are they only "dangerous" to fish and corals ?

He he ... OK, so a couple of interesting critters to watch out for when handling things in your tank.

BTW: Will Aiptasia & Mojano sting humans, or are they only "dangerous" to fish and corals ?

Majano- no never heard of them sting but yes Aiptasia will sting if you have a sensitive skin or if they get you on a soft spot like the insides of your elbows!

Ok guys,

Put a small clean-up crew in yesterday:

- 1 x hermit crab
- 1 x snail (not sure what kind)
- 1 x fish (not sure what kind) - one that helps clean-up.

This sounds bad :whistling:, that I don't know what types - reason being is that hubby went to buy the crew (I had to work). He can't tell me more detail.

BTW - I am still to see this fish :lol: - It is apparently hiding somewhere. I am telling hubby that he is lying about this fish......... Haven't seen it since I got home last night.

2. TESTED water this morning, as follows:

PH = 8
KH Alkalinity = 7
Amonia = <0,01 mg/l
Nitrite = 0,02 mg/l
Nitrate = 2 mg/l
Calcium = 430
Magnesium = 1340

Are these levels OK?

posts some pics of the clean up crew, i am sure somebody will be able to identify them.

Hi Peanut - Your parameters looks ok - SLIGHTLY hi'ish ammonia/nitrite levels - but this should be ok. Give your tank another 2 or 3 weeks before adding anything else to it, in the form of fish especially.....

jacquesb, thanks and the intention is to wait two weeks before ading any more livestock.

Mouse, we acclimitised the guys over a couple of hours (left bag for about 45 mins in tank to get same temp, thne add little by little water to bag, then transfer guys into tank).

I think the fish is a gobie - blue stripe.

Will try get pics to post.

Back
Top Bottom