ID please and update pics

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone knows what this is and share some updated pics, taken with a cell phone so sorry to all the Canon what-what picture people

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
Sorry that was my confused clown thinks a leather coral is an anemone. Here is the squidgy thing that I can't ID
DSC00122-1.jpg

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
it is soft and slimey, looks like it has an opening at the top with polyps on the edges and it adheres to things on the opposite side/base. Was not in my tanks, someone was collapsing theirs and we found it amongst everything. I want to find out cause it looks coplex and those are always the interesting ones. Will try for a better photo now.

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
Here is a closer pic with the polyps extended, looks like some sort of softie, or aptasi on roids????
DSC00123-1.jpg

irie ivan

Copperband
Reaction score
It catches fish..... pasop! Even clowns.....And Jumping beans..... But they know it.......

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
So is it something I should rather not place in my tank, you never know.... Clowns sometimes forget these things.

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
It extended itself in the bukkie I had it in today. You clearly see the tentacles on the one end and the rounded, sort of adhesive side.
DSC00125.jpg

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
Someone was breaking down their tank and it was just there. I am busy upgrading my lights and my tank has been running for about 7 months. Should I put it on a rock under some good lighting? Neil

irie ivan

Copperband
Reaction score
If it is the species I suspect, the see through arms would indicate that it does not rely on zooxanthellae for energy, but rather on food. No need for strong lighting.

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
Was thinking maybe also Bartholomea annulata? Looks very similar from the top.