ID please and update pics

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone knows what this is and share some updated pics, taken with a cell phone so sorry to all the Canon what-what picture people

DSC00120.jpg

Sorry that was my confused clown thinks a leather coral is an anemone. Here is the squidgy thing that I can't ID
DSC00122-1.jpg

it is soft and slimey, looks like it has an opening at the top with polyps on the edges and it adheres to things on the opposite side/base. Was not in my tanks, someone was collapsing theirs and we found it amongst everything. I want to find out cause it looks coplex and those are always the interesting ones. Will try for a better photo now.

Here is a closer pic with the polyps extended, looks like some sort of softie, or aptasi on roids????
DSC00123-1.jpg

It catches fish..... pasop! Even clowns.....And Jumping beans..... But they know it.......

So is it something I should rather not place in my tank, you never know.... Clowns sometimes forget these things.

It extended itself in the bukkie I had it in today. You clearly see the tentacles on the one end and the rounded, sort of adhesive side.
DSC00125.jpg

Someone was breaking down their tank and it was just there. I am busy upgrading my lights and my tank has been running for about 7 months. Should I put it on a rock under some good lighting? Neil

If it is the species I suspect, the see through arms would indicate that it does not rely on zooxanthellae for energy, but rather on food. No need for strong lighting.

Back
Top Bottom