help needed

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mahan, 11 Sep 2009.

1. mahan

mahan

hi guys i am busy moving my tank to a new location and wanted some advise on how far must my chiller be form my DISPLAY OR SUMP will it start to rust over a period of time pls help dont know what to dothnks a mill

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman MASA Contributor

Well, I don't have a chiller personally, but logic tells me that a chiller has a pump that pumps the water back to the DT. You can move it away far enough so that the water still is able to run through to the DT. It wouldn't rust IMO, as it was built to handle salt water.

I may be wrong here, so let the experts also give their 2c. ;)

4. mahan

mahan Thread Starter

Thanks Jaco I'll Wait Lets Hope I Dont Have To Move It Far Off

5. Andreas

Andreas

Mahan, it depends. Ideally you would want to place your chiller outside where it would be able to get rid of the heat and where the humidity would not be able to build up. If you dont have salt water plashing everywhere and have good ventilation next to the tank you could also place it close by and visually monitor the temp of the tank via the display unit. You must remember to allow adequate space around the chiller so that it is able to suck in air and extract it otherwise the unit is just going to work so much harder to maintain the temp in the tank.

Many guys make the mistake of placing the chillers inside their cabinets but you should feel the humidity inside there and you'll soon realise that the chiller is fighting against itself. Flow between 1000-3000l through the chiller would be sufficient for your chiller.:)

Recent Posts