Hattinkies 400l cube.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Just read through your whole thread, so glad to see the eel survived and is doing well, crazy how he managed to stay alive after being out of water for so long. Keep the updates coming. :thumbup:

Reaction score
Just read through your whole thread, so glad to see the eel survived and is doing well, crazy how he managed to stay alive after being out of water for so long. Keep the updates coming. :thumbup:
Thank you. Yeah that was not a great morning. First thing I do when I wake up now is check the floor before checking the tanks :m28:. I must say I'm really impressed with the little guy, was expecting to have a hard time feeding him or not seeing much of him. But he is out and about at least 2 or 3 times I day that I know of and he has no issues eating.

Reaction score
Over the weekend I went to the Airport to collect our newest addition. I have been in two minds about posting about it but here goes.
So its a little Fu Manchu Lionfish, its something we really wanted but was having a hard time finding which is why we went with the little fuzzy. But we finally manged to get one.
The Fu Manchu is currently sitting in QT, he did however turn out about 4cm bigger than we though (is about 10cm).

We have read up about keeping multiple lions in the same tank and many people do it successfully however we are still a bit worried about the size difference between the the two lions. Will see what we decide when QT is over.

For now, here are some pictures:

Reaction score
Much to our surprise little Ryan the fuzzy lion ate about 5 pieces of mysis shrimp tonight (and kept it down) after having 2 guppies two days ago. Not to celebrate too quickly but was really cool to watch because he was actively swimming after the pieces one after the other. :slayer:
He was even eyeing the lancefish (meant for Eli) that was about three quarters of his size.

The Fu Manchu has one guppy and showed very little interest in the second one that kept swimming into him...

Very interesting to already see the difference in their personalities and the way they approach eating / catching their food.

Reaction score
Picture after the lights went out last night, little Ryan perching on the clowns home. It seems to be one of his favourite new spots :m85:

Reaction score
No real update on the tank. But here are some random pictures taken with the phone (maybe one day the camera will be taken out)

Attachments

Reaction score
Tonight was feeding night again, here are some videos:

This video shows all the members of my 400l begging for food (ignore the dirty bottom)

This one shows Eli taking the lancefish in the background.

This one shows poor little Ryan trying to force down the frozen squid but just not being able to keep it down (spat it out 3 times)

Ryan did get about 10 pieces of white shrimp after the failed eating video was taken. But he sure does take his time eating :m28: