Hammerheads New Tank Build

You have a healthy tank! Looks really good!

Was fooling around with some reef plugs I made and heres the results

IMG04681-20140328-1809.jpg

IMG04679-20140328-1806.jpg

IMG04693-20140401-2333.jpg

IMG04694-20140401-2333.jpg

IMG04695-20140401-2335.jpg

Frags are made from ceramic, yes made the "rock" as well, the mould for the rock was made out of an interestingly shaped piece of decayed wood.

My suggestion for what it is worth, is to have about a three meter length of tube galvanized and then cut sixteen pieces at 45 degrees with the long length at 150mm. I suggest sixteen pieces so that you can brace all four corners on the two ends and the back panel, and the four corners of the horizontal frame that supports the tank. This would leave the front completely open and the frame braced in all directions. You can then grind away the galvanizing on the frame and the braces, local to where you weld these to your frame. Clean the frame after welding, and paint the ungalvanised areas with cold galvanized paint. It is an acceptable method of alteration in the construction industry, so it will work on your frame.

Now for help. Noticed my hisurta is rtn'ing in the middle, tested calcium and it was gone down to 340, I suspect the kalk was not keeping it up with calcium demand as expected. It was a comfortable 390 for a few months. The other thing is the nennie opens twice as huge as the above pics so it could be getting stung so I moved it a bit higher up.

IIve already started bringing up my calcium up slowly. Do I frag and try and save it?

20140526_180521.jpg

frag and save..it grows fast enough to recover..i would actually check your kh..calcium normally doesn't drop very quickly on its own..but it often does when there is a lot of kh dosed

frag and save..it grows fast enough to recover..i would actually check your kh ..calcium normally doesn't drop very quickly on its own..but it often does when there is a lot of kh dosed

That could be it, ive only been dosing Bicarb weekly to keep my kh up at 8, usually dose 7g every week for a .5 dkh swing. I havnt been checking Ca for the last month as it was stable at 390, got a shock when it measured 340. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom