Gesiggie's fascination

Nice tank you got there :thumbup:

Yup looking good
Thank You Keith, and it all started with your generosity.

I should thus thank you twice!

Not sure wich of us is ACTUALLY the boss....
So Sayeth the real Boss
At least you get who actually wears the pants. It is the women in the house! So no need to explain... Go Alida!!! She trained you well ;)

Learn it while you young, what's his, is yours, what's yours, stays yours
Absolutely. He just takes a while to realise the truth...:lol:

Nice tank you got there
Thank you Tobes.

Really nice tank.

Can't wait to start stocking mine.
At the moments still getting my kicks from watching Live Rock 2 hours a day.

My tank is now with me for little over a week, after being with Riaan for a while..

Since the move, I found an unidentified crab, seen twice only and just for brief moments, and also a mantis shrimp, also seen only 3-4 times for brief moments.

Furthermore, I love procrastinating my homework, by sitting and staring at my tank for hours on end. That was how I saw for the first time that stomatellas can sail backwards, and that rock anemones can actually move quite fast. @around 10cm in 25 mins...

So yes, you can learn a lot by staring at the rocks!!

the part that worries me... That rock came out of my system... :eek:

Post picture of crab and mantis shrimp.

And do your homework. :whistling:

Aaah Gesiggie!
Those little Clowns are just so adorable! Theres no way Riaan can ever take them back!!!!!
Convince him that they "imprinted" on you!!!! (as wild animals do):lol2::lol2::lol2:.
Lovely system!

the part that worries me... That rock came out of my system...
So happy hunting.... Now you will always wonder what is lurking in your rocks...

Post picture of crab and mantis shrimp.

Crab:Not a good pic, Did not have much time to react when I noticed him
53704f43e75543fe7.jpg

Shrimp
53704f43e7553807f.jpg

He is currently in the return chamber, and I plan to leave him there for now...

Those little Clowns are just so adorable! There's no way Riaan can ever take them back!!!!!
Yip, we had our discussion. They stay. End of discussion ;) He didn't even had a fighting chance on that one!

Lovely system!
Thank you :)

Grats Gesiggie, You have set the bar high for us newbees....
Thank you Skippie, I do enjoy the tank ATM, forever thinking what I can add / change. I only relaxed a bit when I did my first water change by myself, and is now at a point where I can start enjoying the tank a bit more, and worry a bit less! :thumbup:

Of course it would help if the power remains on. We had a power outage for about 4.5 hours this afternoon due to rain... I only realized this when I got back from Uni. I nearly had a heart attack! and again, thanks @RiaanP for the advice. Will see how the tank looks tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:
good thing that mantis shrimp is in the return chamber. He must stay there. He cannot escape. Must be living of copepods that is coming through the filter chambers.

Hi

I have 2 small yellowtail damsels u can have for free if you promise to look after them....

Let me know soon. Im in Sunninghill, Sandton and is urgently looking for a home for them.

@BarryG
Hi there,
Sounds promising. Do you have a picture of them?

Would you mind if the pair will be split into two separate systems? Or would you prefer to keep them together?

The reason I am asking, is that they can be very territorial, and being put in an 80L Nano may have unpleasant results :(

No, I dont mind. Your choice.

I had them in my 28G nano and they get along fine. They are small... 4-5cm

Thanks @BarryG
I will await your pictures then.

Back
Top Bottom