Fairy Wrasse disappeared?

Travis1

(wilsontravy)
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I bought 2 fish yesterday from an LFS. i bought a fairy wrasse, and a regal tang. ( yes i have a 120l Nano, however regal is about the size of a R2.00 coin, and bigger tank will be done in the next few months)

current stock inthe tank is as follows:
1 percula clown
1 royal gramma
1 regal tang
1 fairy wrasee ( well if he is still alive)
cuc
1 fire shrimp

My question is, i cannot find the fairy wrasse today, nor can i find any remains of it if it had died? fish are all healthy and in good condition when i purchased them.

i have heard of fairy wrasse jumping out the tank, but cant happen in my case as i have a lid on.

Is there anything in my tank that would potentially attack and kill the fairy? or could possible be hiding? I have fake rock in my tank, ,with quite a few holes in them, could the wrasse still be hiding?

Regal is extremely happy at the moment, eating well and is loving the tank.

Yup mine use to hide in the late afternoon and come out in the morning. He will pop by sometime today or tomorrow.

I have one that hid for 3 days. I really thought that he was dead until one day he pops up in time for food. If I could I would have killed him for all the stress I endured for those three days worried about what I did wrong to have killed him. :censored::lol:
One test that you should do though is check around the tank area to make sure he hasn't jumped out. They are notorious for that.

My wrasse hid under the sand for over a week after introducing him to my tank. Dont disturb the sand bed if possible and i'm sure he will come out of hiding in a few days.

Thanks for the replies. I will wait a day or 2 and see if he decides to pop out.

Day 2... Still no sign of him....

Day 2... Still no sign of him....
Don't worry bud they're known to do that...
Got told a funny story the other day of a guy that paid for a yellow wrasse that a lfs had,next day guy came in to collect but the wrasse was gone....store guy fingered all thru the sand but nope no wrasse,gave the guy his money back apologising telling him someone must have sold it....next day the wrasse is seen busy swimming around the tank

Don't worry bud they're known to do that...
Got told a funny story the other day of a guy that paid for a yellow wrasse that a lfs had,next day guy came in to collect but the wrasse was gone....store guy fingered all thru the sand but nope no wrasse,gave the guy his money back apologising telling him someone must have sold it....next day the wrasse is seen busy swimming around the tank
hahahahah. lol Awesome

No, Still not sign of him.. Almost a week now. Im pretty sure its safe to say that he is gone now.

I bought a banana wrasse 3 weeks ago. The yellow tang gave him a hard time upon introduction and he went into hiding a couple of hours later. Been in hiding for more than 2 weeks, but he is out and about now. Swimming around the yellow tang as if he owns him! Just be patient, they hide until they are comfortable.

Last edited:
I bought a banana wrasse 3 weeks ago. The yellow tang gave him a hard time upon introduction and he went into hiding a couple of hours later. Been in hiding for more than 2 weeks, but he is out and about now. Swimming around the yellow tang as if he owns him! Just be patient, they hide until they are comfortable.

Wow as long as that? There is still hope for him. lol

Back
Top Bottom