D+D H2Ocean salt

For me, i will wait for the good and bad experiences reported before i comment. However i will set up a system for my own evaluation.

Dam!!! How do I get roped into these experiments.:whistling:

I would think that this salt is one of the best around. While browsing through zeovit.com, they recommended D+D salt to one of the reefers saying that it is high in K+. Remember these guys only use the best, thats why the colors on their SPS make your eyes hurt. The even knocked down Tropic Marin because it was a bit higher in Po4 as compared to other salt brands.

we have one ton available as of now........kzn reefers do not have to pay shipping.....so bonus deal for you guys:)

gauteng and cape-town....we'll make a plan....cool

Sponsors (and members) - please guys, this is not a buy and sell thread, it's a discussion thread about the quality of the salt, please conduct your purchases/sales via PM or in the sponsor forums, thank you.:)

I got this salt yesterday. Mixes very well and the packaging is very nice (its the little things that make a difference sometimes). I suppose I need to do a couple more water changes before I can really see any significant difference.

Was going through some of my old threads and this one bounced out at me. My it is strange how things and circumstances change. I now use exclusively D-D H2Ocean salt.

Sounds like a nice salt to use. Will give it a try once my existing salt is finished. Can this salt be bought directly.from Nemos Janitor?

OK my life history regarding the salt mixes is such. I first started using Kent salt way back in the early ninety. Before that WIM used to bring in tropic Marine salt and add his own sodium chloride. Hence a home grown product.

There were a few different salt brands available in the mid ninety's. Kent and instant ocean the major ones. I used both. Around this time AquaMedic brought out there reef salt and Glyne brought out this salt as well. WIM sold his shop to a worker that worked for him and went into boxlotting live stock to a few LFS at that time Exotic. WIM gave Adam the contact details TM where he bought the salt additive. Hence tropic marine became available to SA aquariusts.

Times and priorities changed over the years, as did the ability to keep the more demanding species. Having said that one must understand the the mixes of the various brands used years ago have changed so it is unfair to compair past and present brands.

Just to put into prospective, Dave Saxbys tank used to use Instant Ocean salt. He moved over to other brands got unhappy with the results and developed his own along with another popular brand.

As stated earlier in this thread I was very happy with Tropic Marine. The transition from Tropic Maine to H2Ocean met with cyano issues. These were handled and explained by Simon Garrett and once overcome proved to be a very consistent mix. Still UK most popular salt.

I have not used the seachem range for extended periods so I cannot objectively comment on it other to say that it mixes at a very low Salinity to achieve high levels of ca.

Other brands, premium or not I do not know. So cannot comment.

Thanks for the reply i have used a few myself ended on the Seachem product and very happy, but also willing to try something else

A really good salt and mixed consitant when I tried it few years back. Its not readily avail in cpt, so i use AM or seachem, purely from a price and availability point if view..
Like most D+D deltec products, i am yet to find fault with it, other than just a bit above my bergie budget:(
Should it become more readily available in cpt, im sure more will use it, and the price might drop....
NJ, thats more than a hint!!!! Get your reps on the move man! Fishoek to where i live is a daytrip!

Thanks for the reply i have used a few myself ended on the Seachem product and very happy, but also willing to try something else

Don't just change for the sake of changing. If Seachem is giving good results for you, stick with it. Don't change for the sake of changing. Changing salt brand require a lot of understanding as to the brands makeup. Mixing brand (a) and brand (b) to salinity S= 35 will result in different ca,mg, KH and a whole load of other parameter shifts. When and if you change. Just be cognisant of what changes in chemistry are taking place. This applies to any brand.

Back
Top Bottom