Brent's Cube

Reaction score
What lights are you running on the big tank?
Hey @Kobusdb, 2 x AI hydra 26HD's. The small tank has a AI prime 16HD (the newest model). I Love the Hydra's and they do more than enough for the tank, but think the new pucks (the clusters used in the Prime and hydras are identical) are a big step up and a really great improvement. But I don't need to fix something that isn't broken so won't be buying the Hydra 32's any time soon.

Reaction score
Hey @Kobusdb, 2 x AI hydra 26HD's. The small tank has a AI prime 16HD (the newest model). I Love the Hydra's and they do more than enough for the tank, but think the new pucks (the clusters used in the Prime and hydras are identical) are a big step up and a really great improvement. But I don't need to fix something that isn't broken so won't be buying the Hydra 32's any time soon.

The Hydra 26 HD is basically 2x Prime HD’s in one light. I know the Hydra spec sheet states they have less output than 2 Prime HD’s. But that’s just on paper.

The Hydra 26HD replacement, the Hydra 32HD is basically 2x Prime 16HD’s

I prefer the spread on multiple Primes though.

Reaction score

So this tank is slowly coming along. I have two anemones in here; a sunburst or rainbow (can't remember) and an inferno, but they prefer the sides of the tank so no pics. Hoping they'll split and just do their thing. It's taken a good while for the system to cycle, but is finally looking decent with the hair algae receding now.

Reaction score
Here's the plan for the mangrove I planted in the pot. I used a cheap cement pot, R80 at the local nursery and then Fibre glassed the inside to seal it up so the salt doesn't penetrate and bugger up the cement. I then filled the pot with aragonite and seedling mix and covered the top in course aragonite. I grew the seedling in about 15 PPT So have filled the pot to about 3 to 5cm below the surface with the water I grew it in. Hoping it continues to grow well.

Top Bottom