4age project 2

Reaction score
Great thread and a great looking tank! How's the tank doing after the October update?

Reaction score
Thanks @Rob13.tank recovering slowly.added some siporax to sump so want to see how that helps system.happy to say that all dinoflaglettes have cleared up completely.

Reaction score
It's a better version of matrix..better filtration capacity per litre than live rock

Reaction score
Bump..busy with tank rescape..removed some Rock to open up space in tank.made some changes to system..put up ati t5 unit.happy with purchase

Reaction score
Hi

Read through entire thread now - Awesome progress - what was the main reason for moving to T5's over your LED's - seems you were getting great growth and coloring with the LED's?

Reaction score
Hi

Read through entire thread now - Awesome progress - what was the main reason for moving to T5's over your LED's - seems you were getting great growth and coloring with the LED's?
thanks. I was happy with the leds as they were excellent units, but i still think t5 lighting is the best for sps, in terms of growth and pastel colour.

I wanted to build a hybrid unit but never got the time to get it done. so went hunting for a 39w unit which I finally found. I will post a pic of purple monti frag under ati t5. colour has just popped. if you have the right t5 unit and the right bulb combination its hard to beat. check rory's tank to see t5 results as well

Reaction score
thanks. I was happy with the leds as they were excellent units, but i still think t5 lighting is the best for sps, in terms of growth and pastel colour.

I wanted to build a hybrid unit but never got the time to get it done. so went hunting for a 39w unit which I finally found. I will post a pic of purple monti frag under ati t5. colour has just popped. if you have the right t5 unit and the right bulb combination its hard to beat. check rory's tank to see t5 results as well
Do you mind sharing your bulb combination

Reaction score
I made slight change in order of bulbs since pic

Front to back is..

Blue +
Coral+
Purple +
Blue+
Abs
Actinic
Blue+
Coral+