4age project 2

Reaction score
Corals looking nice 4age! you know to treat with caution that AF Energy yeah? I have copper showing from a triton test & 90% sure it is from that(haven't been doing water changes/was only adding 2 drops a week of that AF Energy).Guess the copper brings out the more pastel colouring. Then again the RC guys tanks that are dosing it full dose are looking just fine so it confuses me to keep upping it or drop it....sweet & sour in a bottle seems like :confused1:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Corals looking nice 4age! you know to treat with caution that AF Energy yeah? I have copper showing from a triton test & 90% sure it is from that(haven't been doing water changes/was only adding 2 drops a week of that AF Energy).Guess the copper brings out the more pastel colouring. Then again the RC guys tanks that are dosing it full dose are looking just fine so it confuses me to keep upping it or drop it....sweet & sour in a bottle seems like :confused1:
Thanks man.it definitely contains copper in small amount..not too worried about the copper to be honest..I normally under dose most additives so will start off light with it.i have one or two corals I want to settle in 1st before I dose as the copper can cause tissue to thin slightly

Aquaforest seems to gaining popularity internationally

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thanks man.it definitely contains copper in small amount..not too worried about the copper to be honest..I normally under dose most additives so will start off light with it.i have one or two corals I want to settle in 1st before I dose as the copper can cause tissue to thin slightly

Aquaforest seems to gaining popularity internationally

OKay be good to see how you go with it.....I think i'm going to stop using it...try & get some saturation/colouring 1st then maybe go back to it.
1 other thing that i don't know if its my imagination or not is i've started having to seriously lift my bacteria/carbon dosing to fight No3 back down that also coincides with my upping of E use......Ryan posted a few weeks ago some info showing reduced bacteria count with copper present...Its to me looking like that may well be true as before i had No3 under control with a 2drop/1drop dosing....i'm now doing ProBioS/Np Pro 3/3 night & 3/3 morning trying to get it to head back down.
Maybe its linked maybe its not.

Reaction score
Corals are starting to pop, is it possible to post a fts.

Reaction score
Sure..best fts at the moment. Have some cyano I'm busy sorting out

Reaction score
Thanks..yes it's growing very well..about 30cm across at the moment

Reaction score
thanks guys

I have been collecting some sps over time for this set up. have a few duplicate pieces I have to sell to make space for last few sps on my list

Reaction score
4age - just curious - have your nitrates stayed normal levels since you started with the AF "E" ?

Reaction score
Time for update...tank took a huge knock after I got dinoflaglettes which I suspect happened after I removed some matrix and added a goby which stirred up substrate releasing some detritus and nutrients.worst thing ever.covered all the rock and substrate.tried a black out of lights..lost some corals in process...hydrogen peroxide dosing helped but sps browned out during treatment. Tank has finally cleared up and polyp extension and colour is slowly returning

Tank now..

Excuse the lack of colour..did a zeolite change and colour coming back slowly

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Also got hold of a coral iv been after for last 3 years..acropora latisella aka the bali shortcake

Coral landed a bit bleached but settling in..you can't see the colours on the pic

This is how it will colour up..hopefully

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited: