Zooplankton (aka Rotifers) This is our quality NOW - Don't think there is any better as we specializ

Reaction score
Don't settle for anything less, at R175 per 800ml, we are very proud of this superior stock.
We have listed about 10 units available on our site, first come first serve. If you very late on the order list you will wait another week when we harvest again. ITS WORTH IT.

We have a huge waiting list list phyto so none available now until we work down our list. (our phyto feeds our good rotifer crops)

Here is the link: http://www.marine-aquarium.co.za/product/live-zooplankton-rotifers-800ml/
Normally R220 now R175, but this is really dense stock.

Video below:

YOUR CORALS WILL LOVE YOU FOR THIS

Reaction score
Wow! That is beyond impressive....
Call this shilling, call this sucking up for a free bottle from Reef Aquatics.....
But seriously people.... i have been in this hobby for longer than most people on here will have tanks, and this is the one product that I have been desperate for ever since i delved a bit deeper into the science and physiology of corals....
We bang out thousands on shiny leds, we spends fortunes on branded coral foods, suppliments and equipment, yet I can honestly say that this is probably the most overlooked aspect of us hobbyists.
I have ranted about feeding corals many years ago on this forum, and I find myself doing it again ... (still?)
There has been a negligable increase in manufacturers supplying coral foods, but there is still a massive hole in the market, especially in SA...
Zooxanthellaae provides energy and some most of a corals nutrition.... but the word we dont focus on is some/ most...
take note, nowhere does it say ALL...
Sometimes i wonder about stn and rtn.... amazing how it seems to happen more regularly in low nutrient systems.. those systems we starve in the name of popping colours....
I can post a host of links justifying the above, but you all have google.... just search feeding corals...
In no way is the jury out as to whether they need to be fed, nor is it a mystery as to what their preferred diet is....

"Symbiodinium provide some nutrition to the coral animal through a process called translocation, and the plot thickens. Figure 2 shows the importance......."

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2014/11/aafeature

Especially with sps, We are dealing with animals with upwards of 90% of their body dedicated to feeding and capturing food... and sorry, keeping slightly elevated no3 and po4 levels so corals can absorb and assimilate dissolved nutrients, or the they eat fish poop arguments just dont cut it for me...

Any of you that have dived on a reef at night should have seen the rising mass of zooplankton at night, and observed corals reaction to it...
In fact, in a way, that is exactly what this vid reminded me of... a seething mass of zooplankton rising....
Ever noticed how much more polyp extention is at night in most acroporids..?? Sorry Andre didnt mean to rant on your forum, but I think theres some marketing in here for you....
Seriously, I would much rather stuff my corals full of this than any other powdered suppliment.

Reaction score
What is the size range of the zooplankton?

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
maybe it's different there but here in the UK I make my own...and sell it on as well
It's not different, here to we get many that do their own, use all sorts of po4 rich fertilizer and customers come back to us complaining their tanks are algea riden.

We even get told it's "our" phytoplankton bought from us but sold to them through someone else that cultured them. How what if but, if not through us how can we help.

To date we've not yet received a single customer issue with what we supplied them.

It's for this reason we left another forum as a sponsor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom