• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Zeos

Reaction score
What is the price and availability of tunze zeolith?

George are you stocking the bacteria aswell as the whole/part of KZ range?

For what size is that?

For what size is that?

Hello Irie Ivan

Here is a smaal break down of the correct way of using Tunze Zeolith
1) Reduce Phosphates with Tunze Quichpos 910
2) Initially use 500gr Zeolith per 400 litres ( 30 Days) thereafter increase upto 1000gr
3) After 6 weeks replace 1/4 zeolith
4) place Zeolith in a well circulated area of the tank, every couple of weeks rinse contents to remove detritus from zeolith in aquarium water.
5) if you wish in the first 2 weeks you can inoculate the zeolith with bacteria to start the breakdown proscess quicker. ( I prefer the natural way)
6) Check water for nitrate and phosphate as complete removal will cause the corals to die.

George
Tunze SA

George, so there is no need for a Zeo reactor?
Is it possible to bring me a bag to the next meeting?
Not necessarily, but it does need to have a good flow area, I use a tunze 870 filter that gets driven through a Tunze filter pump, for maximum effects.
My Tank is driven by a complete Tunze system and is quite comlicated to explain in words. Visually you could and will understand the simplicity of the system, That is why my maitenance is only a few minutes a week.

George
Tunze SA

Oh yes. The topic for Thursdays meeting is Nutrient export. Can you perhaps give us i little overview of the Zeoliths?
Mek I can only fill you in on how I go about using our Zeolith as to as to how the competion operates (zeovit) my knowledge is very limited, but as far as nutient export is concerned I might be of assitance witha little input on the Tunze Zeolith.
If you are happy with that I will gladly participate and give as much input as I am able.

George

Mek I can only fill you in on how I go about using our Zeolith as to as to how the competion operates (zeovit) my knowledge is very limited, but as far as nutient export is concerned I might be of assitance witha little input on the Tunze Zeolith.
If you are happy with that I will gladly participate and give as much input as I am able.

George
Sounds good to me. Looking forward to learn :)

Thanks George.
So in a case of a DSB. Should it be placed before or after the DSB? Or can it just go into the return chamber?
I don't think it really matters both do the same Job, so ultimatley one or the other will suffer, both remove nutients and depending on your nutrient level, the zeolith and DSB need nutients. The secret is to balance everything, without removing everything, because in a totally nutrient defficient environment your corals will start dying.
Ultimatly my theory on the zeovit regime is to starve your corals, but just enough to bring out the colours, that is why the whole regime is quite complicated. I'm sure you have seen many amazing tanks with DSB, Zeovit, etc but equally many using the same methods have crashed.
Balance, Balance and stability is the secret, so as aquarists we should try and copy what the sea is actually doing.

George
Tunze SA

Thanks George for the explanation, but I have already used it, just want to know the price you quote was for which quantity. I used it before running zeo, but as availability of zeovit is inconsistant, would like to revert back to something which is easier to come by, Hence my original q about price and availability.

Thanks George for the explanation, but I have already used it, just want to know the price you quote was for which quantity. I used it before running zeo, but as availability of zeovit is inconsistant, would like to revert back to something which is easier to come by, Hence my original q about price and availability.

Zeolith 930 750ml R 275.82 in stock

George
Tunze SA

Back
Top Bottom