Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I think you should upgrade before adding the fish, as you say they get big, get your tang tank sorted, then go for it.:thumbup: i'm with you on the yellow, regal, naso combination.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I would say: Yellow tang, scopas and sailfin. They are the "strongest" of the tangs with the biggest chance of survival.

Trad - don't you think that you might be pushing the envelope with adding 3 tangs into your tank? how wide is your tank again? 1.2 metre?

trad

Fish, thats the word!
Reaction score
Hi guys if you dont know i just got my tank and plan to keep it for atleast 5 years so no upgrading for a while size wise,

Jacs: its a 5ft 500mm deep and 650mm High, dont know dont really think thats pushing it, just the Powder blue is aggressive and so may not be a good combo with the yellow, but a yellow is semi-aggresive naso and regal are pretty peaceful.

Your thoughts

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Trad - tangs require a LOT of space to swim, otherwise they stress out quickly and get white spot often..... Therefor the mention of "pushing it".....
BUT - then again - it's your tank. Are these your 1st tangs?

Reaction score
Wanted to get a beautiful powder blue ---- have a Scopas in my tank - after reading a bit, I saw they recommend a 7ft tank for the PB --- so decided to leave it... my 2c worth.

trad

Fish, thats the word!
Reaction score
cool just checking cause i thought 3 tangs would be ok, but i guess its the type of tangs. If you look at what midasblenny has you wouldn't believe it. I guess i should stick with a yellow and purple(if i can get one at a reasonable price) or yellow and scopa/sailfin.

Had a naso in my 600L it was such a nice fish. PB very aggresive

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Trad - I have 5 tangs in my 2 meter tank. 2 sailfins, 2 naso's, and one bristletooth tang.... And they are CONSTANTLY swimming left and then right, and then left and then right in my tank. BUT - they are EXTREMELY territorial as well - constantly giving each other grief regarding hiding places in the live rock.....

Reaction score
I Have a Scopas. Very nice tangs. He's really fat now as well. pecks away at the algae all day long...Not to shy either. Don't have to sit and look for him...

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Lappies - the scopas and bristletooth tangs look very similar - AND they are actually very similar in their behaviour as well! ;-)
Just - the scopas is slightly prettier than the bristletooth!

Reaction score
Hi, I would suggest a clown tang or sohal.I find the usual others are just too common,but hey its your choice.