• Yellow, yellow, yellow

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • regal, regal, regal

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my choice,purple tang,achilles tang,sohal tang,naso,clown surgeon.
only got 2 of the guys on my wish list

I think you should upgrade before adding the fish, as you say they get big, get your tang tank sorted, then go for it.:thumbup: i'm with you on the yellow, regal, naso combination.

I would say: Yellow tang, scopas and sailfin. They are the "strongest" of the tangs with the biggest chance of survival.

Trad - don't you think that you might be pushing the envelope with adding 3 tangs into your tank? how wide is your tank again? 1.2 metre?

Hi guys if you dont know i just got my tank and plan to keep it for atleast 5 years so no upgrading for a while size wise,

Jacs: its a 5ft 500mm deep and 650mm High, dont know dont really think thats pushing it, just the Powder blue is aggressive and so may not be a good combo with the yellow, but a yellow is semi-aggresive naso and regal are pretty peaceful.

Your thoughts

Trad - tangs require a LOT of space to swim, otherwise they stress out quickly and get white spot often..... Therefor the mention of "pushing it".....
BUT - then again - it's your tank. Are these your 1st tangs?

Wanted to get a beautiful powder blue ---- have a Scopas in my tank - after reading a bit, I saw they recommend a 7ft tank for the PB --- so decided to leave it... my 2c worth.

cool just checking cause i thought 3 tangs would be ok, but i guess its the type of tangs. If you look at what midasblenny has you wouldn't believe it. I guess i should stick with a yellow and purple(if i can get one at a reasonable price) or yellow and scopa/sailfin.

Had a naso in my 600L it was such a nice fish. PB very aggresive

Hi Trad - I have 5 tangs in my 2 meter tank. 2 sailfins, 2 naso's, and one bristletooth tang.... And they are CONSTANTLY swimming left and then right, and then left and then right in my tank. BUT - they are EXTREMELY territorial as well - constantly giving each other grief regarding hiding places in the live rock.....

I Have a Scopas. Very nice tangs. He's really fat now as well. pecks away at the algae all day long...Not to shy either. Don't have to sit and look for him...

Hi Lappies - the scopas and bristletooth tangs look very similar - AND they are actually very similar in their behaviour as well! ;-)
Just - the scopas is slightly prettier than the bristletooth!

Hi, I would suggest a clown tang or sohal.I find the usual others are just too common,but hey its your choice.

Back
Top Bottom