Upgrading the pump in the Boyu TL 550

Al

Reaction score
Hi Guy's i need some advice on the upgrading a pump of my Boyu TL 550 tank. Currently there is a Boyu pump that pumps at 720l/h that came standard with this tank. What other pumps are there that will fit in the back chamber's of the Boyu. I want somethin in the 1200l/h range.

It must not be too expensive. Anything between R300 - R600.:)
</IMG>

Reaction score
ummmmm.... i wouldnt fiddle to much as it has been designed with that pump inmind...

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Al - just remember - IF you change the return pump in the Boyu, you MUST modify your water inlet to the filtering chamber as well - otherwise the chamber where the pump is WILL constantly run dry....
It will be better to look for a nano power-head, ie, the Boyu Nano wave-maker, or something similar...

Al

Reaction score
Thanks guy's.

So you reckon i must rather get another Power head. I currently have a Seio 820. I should may be get another one.

Al

Reaction score
ok, Will drop the idea of upgrading the pump and instead get another powerhead.

Reaction score
HI AL,

I've got the same set up and I've got a Boyu WM-2 wavemaker in my tank too. It works beautifully!! Definitely worth the money spent.

Reaction score
TA3771_99.jpg

For Models: Seio M1100, M1500 & M2600 Only

CAUTION:
  • This controller is made exclusively for Seio Super Flow Pump only
  • Do not operate the SEIO controller with any other type of pump
  • All warranty will be void if this unit is used on other pumps
Features:
  • Built-in Auto High-Low Speed
  • Variable timit 15 sec. to 30 min.
  • Runs One or Two Seio Pumps
  • Auto Restart After Feeding
  • Intended for use with only SEIO water pump models: 1100, 1500, & 2600
  • The controller will control one or two SEIO Super Flow Water Pumps. The pumps can be set to go from low to high; this surge can be set from 15 seconds to 30 minutes. The pumps on low operate at approximately 50% flow and then will ramp up to 100% when on high. There are also two preset feeding buttons at 8 minutes and 16 minutes. Once the time has elapsed the unit will go back to the original preset.
  • Replaceable fuse 2.5 amp/250v

Reaction score
Thanks guy's.

Whats did you pay for the Boyu WM-2 wavemaker ?
I got it from Panorama petshop for around R800. The WM-1 does have better output but firstly I was told it's not available anymore and it also doesn't have an external controller. I would mind putting another WM-2 in and run them both on seperate timing and wave intensity to create variable flow.

Reaction score
The WM-1 is most definately still available and you do get a control unit for them. Only thing is the control unit switches the pumps on alternatively so you are really only using one wavemaker at any one time. I run my two WM-1 all the time except at night the one goes off on a timer.

Reaction score
The WM-1 is most definately still available and you do get a control unit for them. Only thing is the control unit switches the pumps on alternatively so you are really only using one wavemaker at any one time. I run my two WM-1 all the time except at night the one goes off on a timer.
Hi Brentnorm,

Where can you get a WM-1? Does that price include the control unit? I've been looking everywhere. I'll then just use 2 control units...