Tunze & Hydor Koralia's, my views ;)

Ahoy Mike, let me know what you decide and $$ then we'll take it from there. I asume they're exactly the same?
I will pm if i am going to sell and at what price. i Have two of them. they are exactly the same as the one above. the likely hood of me selling is good.

I will pm if i am going to sell and at what price. i Have two of them. they are exactly the same as the one above. the likely hood of me selling is good.
No Worries...

Hey Matt, any chance we can get back the videos and photo's from your first post? I would like to use this thread in the article section please, thanks.

Ok firstly I want everyone to know this thread is just my opinion on the two products, and which suites my tank best. Also remember the two products are not of the same spec (the Tunze is much more powerful in terms of l/h, so for an accurate comparison one should compare the Tunze 6025 with the Hydor Koralia 1 or 2)

Products in question: Tunze Nanostream 6025 (2500l/h) & Hydor Koralia Nano (1000l/h). I found the tunze pumped an incredibly strong flow in the 24G JBJ Nano Cube, so much so that my frogspawn and a few other softies didn't like it to much. The pump says its from 40 - 200l aquariums, I just found it gave an "washing machine" effect in my 24G, however in a larger aquarium this piece of kit is fantastic!

So I wanted a more gentle, dispersed flow. So I bought 2 Hydor Koralia Nano's (1000l/h) - much softer flow, but with the 2 I felt like I could get more dispersed flow. It appears MUCH gentler than the tunze, as these pumps are rated for a smaller aquarium and give a much wider flow.

Size comparison:
DSC01632.jpg

Placement of the Koralias in my nano
DSC01637.jpg

I know now there are 2 pumps vs 1, and some people hate the look of equipment in a tank, but I don't mind the look and my midas blenny loves perching on the powerheads ;)
DSC01642.jpg

Video of the flow: (The noise is from my chiller, removed the front to clean it!)

My clowns swimming in the flow:

Final thoughts:
Both are fantastic products, if I had a larger aquarium the Tunze would be great (or I could look at the Koralia 1 or 2), however in my 24G JBJ Nano I think the smaller pumps are better suited. Once again this is just my opinion... take it or leave it ;)

Hi Matt, Anita from TUNZE SA here. Thanks for your unbiased review of the two pumps, just wanted to add that maybe a better comparison would have been with the TUNZE 6015 which has a flow rate of up to 1500 l/hr, much gentler than the 6025.
Equipment Review: Propeller Pump Performance, A Different Look: Tunze Nanostream Pumps Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog
We also have the new upright Nanopumps, 6020, although rated for 2500 l/hr, due to the fact that they pumps upwards, have less direct effect on corals. We have the TUNZE 6040 Controller Pump up to 4500 l/hr, in our 160 litre Nano. The controller can take the flow down to 200 l/hr if required.
Once again, thanks, it is good to get real opinions of different equipment.
Cheers Anita

Back
Top Bottom