Tom`s tank

Tom

Reaction score
Here is a pic of our t5 powered 300L Jebo: :)
1.jpg

We are still struggling with purple cyno and bubbles on the rocks, as well as very warm water 30deg :( I will fit a fan and thermostat switch to cause evaporation and use the auto topup to fill the tank with R.O.
There is a cannister filter on the left that I polish the water with, and a King 3 under the rocks fed by a tapered skimmer pipe from the surface.
This feeds an 100ish L above tank sump with a AM1000 skimmer and DSB with some brillo. The water runs back into the display (Sump) and is circulated by two Seio`s thanks to Kanga.
The lighting is two1.2m attinnic and two white1.2m Sylvania's t5`s squished into the jebo hood with a 20K T8 attinnic.
We still need to supply a background and want to get a aqumarine bluish color plastic sheet (maislys).
The tank is a year old but the sump is approximately threeish months old.

Looks good tho dude. couple real nice bits of coral in there. nic dude. just sort your heat out n u will be sweet

stunning Tom good one!!

Nice, Tom

Hope my tank will look as good when i finally get it up and running.

Looks good Tom, but I don't see any fish in there, have you got any?

Thanks guys ;) There is a Purple Tang, Box/cow, Flame angel and Foxeee.
I will take a sump pic tonight.

LOL! Its the night lights. One white t5 one attinnic t5 and the t8 attinnic. Thanks Psyco.

Real nice mate.......... what's you're turnover? I had a friend with the same problem here. After he raised the turnover rate the cyno got banished and hasn't come back thankfully.

Hi Geordie. Before I increased the lights = 3 * T8`s i have never had cyno, so maby its the lights? I will keep two t5`s off. I have removed the jebo perspex light cover and have scored a lot of light. But more heat is getting to the water. I live in fear for December. Thats our hot season! For turnover I have the jebo pump that I polish the water with and two seio M620`s and the king 3, so there is a bit of movement. The singulara sways nicely :).

Hi Tom, very nice and neat (The display). Could you please name your "Softies" as there are really nice ones inside that I am after, especially the one on the left.

Nice Tom. Looking super neat.
Where is your sump in relation to your tank.? I also like the idea of increased turnover. Your sump light seems very close to the water. Are you growing Macro Algae.?

Will you be using kalk with your ro/di water? Ro on its own will drive down your alkalinity especially if you are accelerating evaporation with a fan. Even a small amount 1 - 2 teaspoons in 25 l has a big impact on the overall stability of your water.

Look forward to updates

The softie to the left is a singulara (don`t know the rest of its name).
The sump light is a checkers daylight compact in a nice reflector. And it is above the chaeto.
Thanks for the kalk tip. I will start adding a teaspoon dissolved into the 25l R.O. is that ok?

The sump is behind the tank and to its left, it is about 200mm higher than the tank.

Thanks for the kalk tip. I will start adding a teaspoon dissolved into the 25l R.O. is that ok?
Only if your RO container is sealed off so that no air can get into it.

Oops! the topup pump is in the RO tank. so I cant close the lid.
What problem will that cause Dean?

Tom, apparently as long as you add vinegar to the kalkwasser solution there there is no need to have the container sealed.

Have a read through the Kalk Slurry thread.

Ok thanks :) surely the mere evaporation of water should not cause losses of "other stuff" except for water?

Back
Top Bottom