TMC V2 auto top up

Seen them in the shops, they look ok, have heard of a couple of people with float switches failing, not many though, that's about it really.

Definitely safer, I use two switches, chances of one failing or getting stuck are quite common, but the second one should then come in and prevent a disaster, hopefully, lol. I also use a 12v relay just for added protection for the floatswitches. Never had a problem using them this way, it's been extremely reliable.

Thanks. Bought them. Gonna wire them up now. Didnt get a relay cos they are 220v.... so basically connect the switches together in paralell and then splitting the live wire of the pump with them?

Series, parallel, vertical and horizontal confuse the hell out of me, I'm more practical than theory :p but yeah, you kinda have the idea I think. A picture would be much better here but the one wire from the pump goes to one wire from the float, the other wire from that float goes to the wire on the second float, then the second wire from that second float goes back to the pump. Make sense?

What is 220v, the relay or the float switches? Are you using a 220v pump? If you're using 220v, don't listen to me, you might get shocked. I hereby indemnify myself. :p

Last edited:
Yeah then thats a serial connection. Pump n float switches 220v. Shocked :eek:
I'm not a fan of 220v auto top-ups, so my advice stops here. :p If you run it the way I do then both float switches must be in the down position for the pump to start, therefore I have the second float switch slightly higher than the first, by about 3mm, that way it is always on, so when the first float switch kicks in the pump will come on, then if the first one fails, once the water level has risen to the second switch it will then rise and switch off the pump as a failsafe.

ede4ysyq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom