TL450 - Hood

Discussion in 'Boyu TL450 and TL550 advice' started by eb.adam, 12 May 2011.

1. eb.adam

eb.adam

Hi there everyone! :)

I got myself a TL450 in April this year. It's running smoothly.

The time has come for extra modifications beyond what Boyu can give me.

I've removed bio-balls, ceramic rings, UV steriliser & the sponge in the first compartment,

I've added a SEIO Prop 320 and Buyo WM101 (which I removed - too much flow, sand was getting blown around and the suction mounts don't help much. Considering getting a magnet mount but so far, there are no dead spots as such, so not stress there), Boyu WG-308 Skimmer, Phosphate remover, PC fan for cooling, auto feeder, and lastly an topup addition in progress... So I want to try lighting now... Need more than the standard 36watts (I think it is) of light. These are the only modifications that I can remember now.

I want to try different lighting & fan/cooling options. I've phoned around and searched and searched for a replacement hood. No one seems to have a replacement hood for the TL450.

If anyone here has a spare TL450 hood in grey or from an old or broken tank, or perhaps doesn't use the hood any more, and is willing to sell to me, please give me a shout. The tank is a display in my lounge and hence, I need a grey hood. It still needs to look like a complete unit.

If anyone can advise me on this further, it would be a great help. I'm going to start a thread soon. It's just that time is precious. I have like 5 minutes a day for MASA. Will start one soon.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Adam

2. Guest

3. KeeganP

KeeganP

Hey dude
    Why don’t you just take the hood out and have a pendent hang from the ceiling
    :thumbup:

4. OP
    eb.adam

eb.adam

Because i bought the tank for the complete unit look :p

5. mandarinman

mandarinman

why change the lighting? there is more than enough lighting with the normal setup

6. OP
    eb.adam

eb.adam

Yeah but i want to play around :)

7. mandarinman

mandarinman

look at what is in my tl 450 inc clam etc , rather spend money on decent water changes ,good supplements and livestock. it beats the snot out of a small tank that looks like an oil refinery

8. OP
    eb.adam

eb.adam

ah true... i get NSW for changes, use prodibio and brightwell supplements, only thing that i can upgrade is the lighting... there is no LS in the tank at this time... going to hold on a bit on that... want to get a hood and try out led and other combinations... don't want to mess up the original hood.... so yeah :)

9. OP
    eb.adam

eb.adam

I've managed to get an extra hood (or two) :) got plans... One for LEDs and one with 3 PL (it's a tight fit so we'll see how it goes)... but not now... maybe end of july/beginning of August...

Recent Posts