The Cube....

Discussion in 'uncategorised' started by Colin, 25 Jun 2011.

1. Colin

Colin

Hi guy,s and girl,soo i started my cube project about 2 mounths nou,and is my 1'st week in to cycel,but its fustrating seeing only rocks in there,but thats life!!!!
    So here's the laydown.......:29:
    [​IMG]

SUMP includes skimmer,phoshate reactor,np reactor,refugem but waiting for colupra and 2500L/H
    Overflow has boi balls,my old tanks LR and skelletons in,its a big overflow....ha ha ha
    Fish as follow- yellow Tang,regal,Dwarf Lion,Banner,sand goby,chochlate nemo with anemone,but i feel bad to sell my damesels,had no trouble with any of them,domino,chromis,valvet!

Any advise with witch coral will be best for a cube shout.......!!!!!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Colin

Colin Thread Starter

cycel...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]:1:yeeeeee....:1:

4. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

nice

5. Pete

Pete

6. toppdogg

toppdogg

nice one dude
    how about some spec's size etc

7. DarrenT

DarrenT

what are the specs? (Length) (breadth) (height).
    Did you get it made at exotic? because it looks identical to mine!

8. Colin

Colin Thread Starter

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Colin

Colin Thread Starter

whoopsssss,that came out wrong,ha ha ha,wellll,its 7weeks dwn the line and the tank is doing great!ooooye,spec's,650 x 650 x 550....?????
    Need advise on a good nitrate redeucer that i can put in a reactor??????
    did my coral booking today,so in a week or 2 the new arravils will get in to settle......!!!!:stupid:

10. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

welcome colin, nice looking tank loads of potential, dig the ruins ;).

be sure to allow the system to mature properly and add livestock slowly, i also see you have an anemone which is a bit of a delicate matter in a newly set up system as their survival rate is low in new systems and they are more of an advanced species to keep in a thriving condition..

stable water chemistry and good lighting is required for their sucess..

are you testing your water? if so waht are your readings?

looking forward to seeing this project come of age..and wishing you the best.

11. pXius

pXius

Nennie...
    Lion...

:whistling:

12. chikaboo

chikaboo

Here's a bigger :whistling:

Lion ........ cleaner wrasse :eek: ....... Generally lllloooonnnnngggg fish go down quite nicely a lion's throat:tt2:

13. Colin

Colin Thread Starter

thanxs leslie,your tank is looking amazing....the anemone came from my old nano tank,its been eating and and looks like its doubled in size,but will keep a good eye on it,but its a hard species aswell so i have read...????no3 >1mg/l,po4 0.02 mg/l,ammo 0.05ppm and struggeling to get it lower...advice...??????tank spec's 650 x 650 x 550 and the sump is 400 x400 350.....!!!:stupid:

14. Colin

Colin Thread Starter

heard that alot,that why i feed my lion every day,so no midnight snacks....il put a pic up now were the lion just parks and let the wrasse wax him.....:drool5:

15. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

im no anemone fundi to be honest, i do break a few rules with them but i make sure i have a plan B should something go wrong..

as for the ammonia its a little worrying.. as low as it is it will be toxic have you tried using some seachem stability?

nice size tank BTW, im looking at doing something like that for my son.

16. pXius

pXius

Chaeto in sump for the phos / or run phos media

Dose biotim and biodigest for the rest of your problems.

I've also been hearing good things about the ammonia reducing stones by aquaria.

Are those biopellets in the right hand reactor? If so they take 6-8 weeks to properly kick in, or so I've read.

17. Colin

Colin Thread Starter

i started the tank with stability and went over to seachems aquavitro alpha,this stuff whips nitrat of the map,right side reactor po4 phosgaurd seachem,wanted to run biopellets but they say it takes up all the nutrians in the water and then u need to dose ur tank....????

18. Colin

Colin Thread Starter

[​IMG]

19. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

All together you added 8 fish by the time the tank turned 7 weeks old.
    hold on, slow down. You are playing with the life of fish you want to live. Remember, even with bacteria dosing, feeding bacteria etc, you still need to allow the bacteria time to adjust. Generally one fish per week, depending on fish size and tank size. Big existing old tank, can bend the rule a bit. But not a new tank, where your NP-reactor does not even had time to get up and get used to some bioload. Now they have a :eek: load of waste to handle. Even with all the additives, nothing beats mother nature in completing the waste cycle. So please, slow down a bit.

Rather go for Cheato. I got caulerpa in my 90L shrimp tank, the bubble type. And it already crashed 2 times in 4 months. They outgrow cheato ten to one. No argument.
    But are unstable in my opinion and I will not trust it in my main system. It does look a bit green in your sump, what is that? And with the light source above the glass roof of the sump, you need to keep that glass clean. You lose a lot of lightning power.

And the anemone. There are loads of guys that will jump on you for having an anemone in such a young system. Generally 8 months old are advocated. And by then, you, as a human, would have learned how to maintain the water chemistry. Just adding additives, without being able to properly test for it, knowing how they all interact is not the answer.

You did not mention what lightning system you got there. Without going MH, hopefully you did not order too many SPS. Yes sure, there are systems with T5 that have SPS, but its proper T5 units, good quality globes and reflectors.

I would strongly suggest that your next purchase be an ATU. Better in keeping stable salinity levels.

Sorry if it seems that I'm having a go at you. But it is for your own and your livestock best interest.

Last edited: 24 Jul 2011
Recent Posts