Sunburst's Colourful Bare Bottom

Very nice, you have some beauts there, from Jan to Now.. you work quickly.

Muz

IMG_9038.jpg

Awesome piece Sean, really cool. Would love a frag in about 6 months ;)

When the idea of running an sps dominated system first began to take shape in my mind the criteria used to galvanise the blueprint revolved around the 3 H's. Huge Flow... Heavy Lighting...Humongous Skimming.
The end product is still many months from completion; but so far my expectations have been exceded.

The current system as follows:

Tank: 1.8 x 650high x 750wide

Skimmer: Reef Octypus Recirc. x 4 (Fed by 100% overflow)

Return: Pumps OR3500 & Eheim 1250 Exit via x 2 SQWD

Flow: ResunWavemakers x 2 15000l x 2
Seio x 3 m1500 6000l x 3
Tunze 6100 x 2 (7095 controller) 12000l x 2

Calc Rx: Reef Tek Dual Chamber with AM pH Controller (calcium & magnesium)

Computer: IKS Aquastar connected to pc.
Controls temp and lightig
Hourly log sent to pc downloaded into excel:...pH...Redox...Temp (frikkin phenomenal) planned sms module every 6 hour update. Happy holidays.

Temperature Control: Hailea/Aquamedic Chiller

Sump/Refugium: Plastic blik with live rock(Watch this space)

Oh you such a tease :lol:

We wonna see that ICBM you got stashed under the tank :D

Pokemon.
This guy rejects my daily smorgasbord, but always on the prowl. 6 months later his physique is still bordering on long distance runner
Tobesorted185.jpg

Awesome Pics Man !!!!! - I would say there is a bit of life in that old camera yet..

amazing dude!!

seriously a stunner!!

Lighting: 4 x 250watt MH... 2 X Coralvue 15k 1 x AM 10K 1 x XM 10K
4 x 96watt T5 ati
2 X 54watt T5 ati

The hood was made by Leigh from Reef Imates. Excellent workmanship. Stainless and Aluminium

Last edited:
The heart and soul.... The 4 pump recirc.....Forget the Dual Processor 32bit...

IMG_6710.jpg

:drool5:

Geeeezzz what a treat. Looking awsum, need to come see this in real life one day as pics normally don't do a system justice. Well done!

Sean, looking realy realy nice!!! Question, do you plan to keep it bare bottom?
Thanks all....I miss my bed terribly, but yes it will remain this way Gerrit; especially considering the results. Once all rock is in place and shedding has slowed, i will more than likely put down a thin layer to create a more natural look.

Alan you are welcome any time, but for the time being there are no cosmetics, so don't expect too much. Lots of plugs and cables...

Damm buddy that’s looking awesome now. I must pay you another visit soon. Maybe bring around a frag or two for you. Cool size tank by the way.:whistling:

Damm buddy that’s looking awesome now. I must pay you another visit soon. Maybe bring around a frag or two for you. Cool size tank by the way.:whistling:

:) Sorry Andrew...Shoulda mentioned that the tank was built by Andrew of EcoAquatics...12mm glass...Euro Bracing...ctc overflow on the right. Look forward to your visit Andrew...Don,t forget my shaft for the M1100:)

Back
Top Bottom