[wtd] Shark Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he ate now... I think the piece was too big. He had some squid now. But he took a little while to swollow but he did

hey bud congrats :) when the sharks are that little they have a hard time with anything hard or tricky , even if we know the piece are small , give him some frozen brine shrimp or anything thats about that size . i just noticed that squid isnt as easy for the lil sharks to tear apart and swallow , sometimes itl just hold it for long and just spit it out . feed the squid in between to see how he handles . they dig prawns as well awsome having one that size ;)
Hi thanks for the advice I did notice when he ate that he battled with the squid... Will try frozen brine but not the cubes I'll get the brine shrimp all frozen in one

So he ate twice today. Once i cut the squid smaller he had no issue in eating it. I will get a varity of foods for him. Any advice on whta to get besides squid, brine shrimp. I assume lance fish would go down pretty easily.

@mwjust69 Not sure if you aware that they are jumpers. If you have an open top try find a way of closing it because when the lights go off they go crazy. I put egg crate on my sliders yesterday. Wasn't sure if you knew about this.

Anyone try our local little Puffadder Shy Shark before?
They are even smaller than these guys.

@mwjust69 Not sure if you aware that they are jumpers. If you have an open top try find a way of closing it because when the lights go off they go crazy. I put egg crate on my sliders yesterday. Wasn't sure if you knew about this.

Thanks for the advise, appreciate it, Will ensure that I close the tank top

What area do you find these in?

The range of the puffadder shyshark is limited to the continental shelf along the coast of South Africa, from Langebaan Lagoon in Western Cape Province to the western shore of Algoa Bay.

It has been assessed as Near Threatened by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), as its entire population is located within a limited area and could potentially be affected by a local increase in fishing pressure or habitat degradation.

Last edited:
The range of the puffadder shyshark is limited to the continental shelf along the coast of South Africa, from Langebaan Lagoon in Western Cape Province to the western shore of Algoa Bay.

It has been assessed as Near Threatened by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), as its entire population is located within a limited area and could potentially be affected by a local increase in fishing pressure or habitat degradation.

Would it not be better to leave it in the big blue. If one dies in the tank of a hobbyist it puts even more of a strain on the population for survival.

Oh wow, didn't know they where on the IUCN List, agreed better to leave in the sea then

Just an update on how Toothless is doing.

He is eating very well. Eats within a few seconds of dangling the food in front of his face. Very happy with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom