Rare livestock

I am not 100% certain its a hellfire anemone. I have touched it/them accidentally and I have moved one by hand. They also dont hide during the day, they are open and out all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I literally just now took a deep breath and touch my finger to one tentacle, it was sticky and I pulled away and the tentacle retracted, I touched another one and same thing happened, it stuck to my finger and retracted when I pulled away. One of them are also constantly touching zoas and all the zoas are still open and alive.

Ill get back to you in a little while..............I feel a slight tickle in the back of my throat..............................JUST KIDDING ;)

I literally just now took a deep breath and touch my finger to one tentacle, it was sticky and I pulled away and the tentacle retracted, I touched another one and same thing happened, it stuck to my finger and retracted when I pulled away. One of them are also constantly touching zoas and all the zoas are still open and alive.

Ill get back to you in a little while..............I feel a slight tickle in the back of my throat..............................JUST KIDDING ;)

That probably has nothing to do with the coral :lol:

The skin on your fingers are probably too thick. If you got it in contact with places of thin skin like the inner part of your forearm or your eyelids it would probably sting you. I have heard of peoples eyelids getting stung after working with essentially harmless jellyfish(jellyfish and anemone stingers are basically the same as far as I know) and then rubbing their eyes. I have also been stung on my forearm after working with a jellyfish while I wasn't stung on my fingers. Probably best to not test it though:tt2:

LOL probably, but I have done it a couple of times recently, best to be safe than sorry I guess.

Purple Atomic Torch

Not the best pic sry,

Also not sure if it's rare

IMG_5562.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom