Price of Glass

Mekaeel

Reaction score
whats the price difference between starfire and normal glass?is it cheaper or more expensive?

Alot more expensive. if u get it at normal rates it works out 2 around R800 ex vat per m2 for 10mm and around R900 ex vat for 12mm.

Well when u ready, give me a shout and ill give u contact, u can get it for prob half of that, provided u use off cuts for your cutting sizes ;)

Normal glass i think for 12 mm is about R300 per m2

Titus, are you sure? If so you have to give me the place's name and number. I thought my contact was quite cheap at R500 / m2 for 10mm.

At R300 / m2 for 12mm, I can build a 1.5m setup for cheaper than what I built my 80L nano with 6mm glass.

R300 for 12mm does not sound cheap to me - I just got a 1.5x.7x.85 for R3800 (8m/2) and thats with transport from Durban to Empangeni and some profit for the local LFS. Just for interest sake a LFS in Durban quoted R9000 for the same size tank in 10mm and that was to collect at their shop. Check around before you get glass and tanks because some gusy are cheap and others are not....

Sims,

I can't get to 8m2.

If my calcs are correct (and it may well be wrong), a tank with that dimensions would use 4.565 m2 or 4.79 m2 depending on which one of the last two dimensions is the breadth and which the height. And R3,800 means you paid between R793 / m2 and R832 / m2. Taking into consideration the labour transport etc. your glass price could well have been the same as Titus' or more expensive.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as this has gotten me curious.

Unless you have a double bottom which bring the total area to approx 5.84m2

But wait, there is more...

If you phone right now, you also get euro bracing top and bottom. Which might bring the total area to almost 8m2 depending on the bracing.

Haha... you guys at the coast get everything so much cheaper!

i think you right Galobore. gotta agree with u there. i will confirm the prcing for the glass, normal glass that is, with Reefer as he ordeing me the glass from his supplier.

Back
Top Bottom