New member this my tank

RiaanP the skimmer is rated for 1850l/h and irie ivan had that coral for a month now
The flow of the skimmer pump is rated at 1850 litre per hour, at no head pressure. Thats not the skimmer rating for your system volume.
As air is mixed in, the water flowing through it is reduced, which is a good thing.
As a rough estimate, skimmers are more or kess rated for tank volume according to the volume of air they pull in an hour, not the water pushed through them.
Notwithstanding, you seems to be off to a good start, and have some nice corals there.

Irie ivan what is DOC? And you making a good point about the big rocks laying flat on sand but if I start changing it now won't it stress fish and the skimmer if you'll recomend a skimmer witch one wil it be and the cauliflower coral the guy at petshop told me only about high flow and feeding once a week anything you can tel me and I saw two white spots on regal tang and noticed scratching went to petshop asked help and got the microbe lift herbtana 5th day on treatment seems to be working good and no auto top up but test salinity every morning and top up myself my filter shock last only 3weeks did clean it two days back but to me it was to dirty got new one today wil change tomorrow

Treatment and filter sock
1491593503049-1882713420.jpg
1491593631618-1908491319.jpg

Filter sock, wash it as often as you can, every second or third day. Simpy use a shower faucet or another form of strong water pressure to wash any accumilated detritus.
Some of us just throw it in washing machine on quick was, obviously without any detergent or fabric softner. I find i still need to rinse awith faucet after its been in quick wash cycle. A filter sock should last you many months.
Your pet shop should be wrapped over the knuckles if they knew your level of experience and sold you a dendro, but, cant really blame them... nonetheless, they should have told you feed daily at the least. But again, their lack of knowledge is not something to hold against them, rather improve your own.
Doc = dissolved organic compounds in this case.

And about my flow in tank any suggestion to upgrade or like irie ivan sed to get it going much better to the overflow?

And thanks for tip on filter sock wil start doing it from tomorrow onwards and about the coral should i start feeding once a day and get him in higher flow as he is in moderate flow now

In terms of feeding the dendro, it is not only the regularity of feeding, but also the type of food.
They predominantly feed on phytoplankton, with zooplankton making up a negligible % of their food intake. But, bear in mind this is in nature and is due to their inability to capture live zooplankton, however, it is a possibility that specific zooplankton is needed to keep them healthy...
I would throw everything i can at them in terms of food, and flow, and hope for the best.
A double edged sword, as This can lead to water quality problems, and they do require pristine water.

Regarding in tank flow, try playing with the scaping (yes it will ipset some occupants a little but they will get over it, and possibly cause a slight influx of trapped nutrients, but nothing a few water changes wont sort out.
Get as much flow between the rocks and have one of your pumps pointed towrds the overflow, pushing "lifted water" over it.

Ok i saw product of seachem phytoplankton and zooplankton wil that be able to work and on the water movement and rocks il start moving apart where I can tomorrow at wil lower the one right side wavemaker so that it can push under and up to the left side wavemaker then the left side w.m wil push it towards overflow corner?

Did lower both wavemakers if i go any lower it pushes sand up in water on both sides of tank as that w.m is very strong and for the wires looking so bad in tank wil drill holes in canopy to put wires against glass up and out of canopy sides just wane get the flow shorted out the best way

fish and coral sold and some live rock only got pair of maroon clownfish and there anemome in tank planing to get 2 to 3 pairs of clowns anyone that can help wil be much appreciated

planing to get 2 to 3 pairs of clowns
6 clowns in that tank... Looking for fights? Because most likely that is what will happen.

I had a pair of Clarkii and a pair of Ocealaris in a much bigger tank than that. And the Clarkii always terrorized the Ocealaris clowns in their hosting Pincushion.

No understanding me wrong i got 3 10 gallon tanks 1 for each pair that's the plan the big tank i wane get at its best before adding coral and fish

Back
Top Bottom