New member this my tank

Reaction score
Pic1
20170407_105747.jpg

Ok new to this so il start at top
Lights: 4x t5 bulbs led moonlight
Display tank: 500l 50kg mix liverock 30kg argonite sand 2x wavemaker jebao rw8 & rw4
Livestock:4x clownfish 1x maroon clown 1x yellow tang 1x regal tang 2x damsels 1xlawnmower blenny 1x mandarin dragonet 2x fire shrimp 1x cleaner shrimp 2x starfish 3x anemones
Corals: frogspan torch coral hammerhead 2x open brains Zoas mushrooms cauliflower tree juwel green
Sump: 240l
waveline dc 3000 return pump
Aqua medic helix max 9w uv light
Boyu DT 1524 protein skimmer
2x eheim 150w heaters
Bubble magus 4 inch filter shock

Thanx alot guys:thumbup: and oh yes protein skimmer not in sump and uv light off due to treatment I'm doing for white spots

Anything you guys see that's wrong or where I should upgrade I'm open to learn

what is that skimmer rated for?

How long have you had that pink cauliflower coral?

RiaanP the skimmer is rated for 1850l/h and irie ivan had that coral for a month now

Healthy looking tank, nice. :) Does the skimmer work well?

Yes I've heard of upgrading skimmer but I got no problems with this skimmer to be honest

Anything you guys see that's wrong or where I should upgrade I'm open to learn
You did ask.
How long has tank been running?

When you say you have had no problems with this skimmer, what are you comparing it to?
Most aquarists use skimming as one of the cornerstones of their systems. There is no doubt in my mind that your skimmer does create air bubbles and does remove some DOC, but once you really start stocking that system, I very much doubt whether it will be sufficient.

I would recommend opening up your aquascaping, as the rocks lying flat on the sand only serve to trap nutrients (algae fuel) which will lead to problems later on.

The flow dynamics need some consideration, as it seems not to be lifting detritus from the bottom of the tank up and over your overflow... vital to get it processed properly.
That cauliflower coral looks like a coral from the Nephtheidae family, a non photosynthtic species, in other words, it requires a lot of feeding and a lot of flow. Not saying it cant be kept, rather it shouldnt be kept by inexperienced reefkeepers.

What treatment are you doing for white spot?

Do you have an auto top up in the sump?

How often do you clean that filter sock?

2 years for first owner bought tank 5 months back no livestock and no coral came with water and liverock that was surpose to be 100% but wasn't after putting all up I did test water only to find a po4 reading of 0.64 I shorted that problem out so I've been adding these fish and coral for past 4 months now

Back
Top Bottom