My New Baby

Mekaeel

Reaction score
hey there crew.got my birthday gift from my loving wife one month before my birthday!(hope she read the "loving wife" part) any way its a Reefoctopus DNW 200 6540.a major upgrade from my via aqua sk388.
heres some pics

12072007129.jpg

12072007130.jpg

12072007131.jpg

Awesome piece of equipment, you are going to see such a difference compared to your ViaAqua.

Plug that sucker in, let's see what it can do :)

Don't forget to first do the rubber seal/o-ring mod.

Anthony or Alan will be the ones to help you on this, apparently there is a rubber seal that blocks off or covers the venturi, they remove that seal and replace it with an o-ring to get better performance/more air.

Anthony or Alan will be the ones to help you on this, apparently there is a rubber seal that blocks off or covers the venturi, they remove that seal and replace it with an o-ring to get better performance/more air.
cool lets wait for them hey :)

Mekaeel look at the connection where the venturi is ie the inlet to the pump. It is between the air inlet and the pump at that union, if you seperate the union you will find a flat washer and that is the washer you change out for a o ring. When you seperate the union you will see the washer covers part of the air intake, remember the air inlet does a 90deg turn in the pipe work.

Mekaeel look at the connection where the venturi is ie the inlet to the pump. It is between the air inlet and the pump at that union, if you seperate the union you will find a flat washer and that is the washer you change out for a o ring. When you seperate the union you will see the washer covers part of the air intake, remember the air inlet does a 90deg turn in the pipe work.
thanks alan.will see to that!really appreciate the help.SKIMMER PRO'S

Very nice! Hmm so what else you getting for your... tank.. I mean birthday ;) where are you going to put that wee beastie?

I was going to suggest about 1000l/h. But as Mashrie says 1500l/h max.

Skimmer efficiency is determined by two things the amount of air bubbles and contact time. And the ratio between the two. With a recirc pump the bubble production will be pretty constant. So the contact time (the time the water is in contact with the bubbles) is of utmost importance.

He will have to get rid of the hi fi to make space.
You will see a big difference in your system with that puppy running.

He will have to get rid of the hi fi to make space.
You will see a big difference in your system with that puppy running.
got some space on the opposite end of the tank,so will fit it in.looking forward to seeing it in action.gonna hook it tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom