Mark's 4ft Tank

Reaction score
3 new additions added this afternoon, courtesy of MRC.

Flame got some serious flack from the Tigerpyge and chased around the tank for the first couple of minutes, but seems they have settled down now with their own territories and tolerating one another.

The Helfrichi pair have gone into hiding, but hopefully will come out in time.

All 3 fish were already eating while acclimating in the bucket.

2058E5F0-C80A-4C9D-8789-016FF702A974.jpeg

Reaction score
I’m a sucker for punishment when it comes to marines...always have been and will probably continue to do so... I guess trying things again and again and hoping for different results isn’t insanity it’s just the hobby... :001_huh:

That said, I got myself a second multibar angel on Wednesday...it came in last Friday and monitored it at the shop for a couple of days...it seemed settled, and was pecking at rocks in the tank, but as with this fish it wasn’t taking prepared foods.

Eventually decided to take it on Wednesday as it looked to be a bit thin and figured if I was ever going to take it I better do so before it gets too weak.

It’s in and again pecking at the rocks and glass, but try as I may I can’t get it onto prepared foods yet...I’ll persist and probably destroy my water quality in the process...but hopefully I’ll make some headway.

@hotdog83 any advice on how you got your one to take prepared foods and what it eventually took to?

E042392C-F23A-4639-B7B7-389213A006A0.jpeg
D9992953-2F81-4391-801C-43B932DA187F.jpeg

hotdog83

Clone Fish
Reaction score
@hotdog83 any advice on how you got your one to take prepared foods and what it eventually took to?
Hmm, it took about 3 or 4 months of living in a 1000 liter sump full of LR to eventually get it to eat. In the end it ate everything I put in, plus quite a few corals like acans. If this doesn't work out, give it a few months and get a captive bred one from Bali Aquarich, they recently raised some babies, that should be completely bulletproof.

Reaction score
Hmm, it took about 3 or 4 months of living in a 1000 liter sump full of LR to eventually get it to eat. In the end it ate everything I put in, plus quite a few corals like acans. If this doesn't work out, give it a few months and get a captive bred one from Bali Aquarich, they recently raised some babies, that should be completely bulletproof.
Got given a 5L bucket full of pods yesterday which I added to the refugium and he seemed to be eating those...so may have to continue with this for some time while still adding frozen food and mastick to try get him to recognize it as something to eat.

Long term maybe he is going to have to go into my planted fish only tank once it’s up and running.

But at least this one is healthy and swimming around and eating live food.