Kalk diy drip system

mo

Reaction score
hi guys. need some advice on how to build a drip system to add my kalk. i bought waterboy kalkwasser. mixing 2lts of water and 1 teaspoon kalk.
currently adding a little bit of the mix when my tank level is down. i dont have an auto top up as yet.

also is it ok to add in the last bit of water into the tank. the stuff that settles down at the bottom of the container after been mixed.

Reaction score
Take a 2 litre coke bottle, drill small hole in the top. Use flexible tube. Put the end of tube 5-6cms above the bottom of Bottle (inside)

Put one of those green tap attachments on the other end. Make sure the bottle is higher than the outlet tap, start a siphon and turn the tap to the required dip rate, probably one drop every 3 seconds.

Easy as that.

mo

Reaction score
cool thanks. what about the stuff at the bottom of the bottle. can it go in or not.

mo

Reaction score
ok thanks. but then how is it that this stuff goes into the tank when you use a kalksteerer

Reaction score
ok thanks. but then how is it that this stuff goes into the tank when you use a kalksteerer
Normally through a top-up system, can't just dump all of it at once or you will effect the pH hectically and one of our biggest aims is to keep parameters stable.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
hi mo basically you want the kalk saturated water and not the actual kalk to go into the tank.. the above device is widley used, i would work out your water top up consumption and get bottles ready to simply hook up turning them one or twice will be beneficial to allow the mixture of the kalk into the water.. are you using RO water as this will more quickly absorb the kalwasser into it.. tap water as im sure you know contains many unwanted nasties.. please post a pic of your device once completed.. it will be nice for other members wanting to do the same thing to have a visual guidline..

mo

Reaction score
thanks guys. did a test with a 2lt bottle this morning. it works. now need to just drill the hole in the cap and fill it up. also wanting to make a bracket or shelf on the wall for the bottle to stand on. will post pics when i start.
hopefully tomorrow

mo

Reaction score
using a hospital drip is quite inventive. will look into it as an alternate

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jaun_marine DIY 6
Hammerhead Water Parameters and Additives 24
kalkwasser DIY 13
STC-1000 DIY 20
keyaam DIY 10