JacquesB's new toys for the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hey All! Howzit! Me again!

I have just gotten new toys for my tank - Sean Koekemoer will most likely recognize this:
New_Photo-0027.jpg

Tonight I am going to add 2 of these as moonlights to my tank, to run 24x7....

Will post some pics of it tomorrow (or the day after) :)

Hi Wee-Man - you've been quiet for a while! ;)

No - most likely not - BUT then again - it;s some additional lights that makes my tank "look nice" ;-) :lol:

Jacques, i don't like to interupt you:lol:

Run them after the main lights go out, that way you will appreciate them more:thumbup:

I will try both - 24x7 and see how this looks, and only after lights-out...

Will see which is the best bet..... I just wonder what activities I will be seeing now after the main lights goes out!

Jacques, i don't like to interupt you:lol:

Run them after the main lights go out, that way you will appreciate them more:thumbup:

AS I said earlier in another thread - once I start typing I get typing diaree.... :whistling:

I will try both - 24x7 and see how this looks, and only after lights-out...

Will see which is the best bet..... I just wonder what activities I will be seeing now after the main lights goes out!

Lots of creepy crawlies probably:)

nice toy dude where did you get it from?

Hey All! Howzit! Me again!

I have just gotten new toys for my tank - Sean Koekemoer will most likely recognize this:
New_Photo-0027.jpg

Tonight I am going to add 2 of these as moonlights to my tank, to run 24x7....

Will post some pics of it tomorrow (or the day after) :)

What's with the connecting part, some sort of stand ?

Usage idea ?

Hi Calvin - I got it from a LFS - BUT Andrew actually originally sells them. Sean K have these on his tank (or had them - not sure if he put them back on his new tank, though).... They look UBER COOL at night! (according to Sean's pics).....

yeah they are awsome iv seen them on some of andrews displays!!

What's with the connecting part, some sort of stand ?

Usage idea ?
Hi Warr - it has a edge connector with a tightening screw.... it sits on the edge of the aquarium glass, and you can position the goose-neck as and how you want....

The idea is to have a VERY weak moonlight effect shining on your tank at night-time.

yeah they are awsome iv seen them on some of andrews displays!!
Cool! So I hope that it will look awesome on mine too! I am contemplating using it either 24x7 or perhaps evenings only!

You get this light in 3 combinations, I think - white only; blue only; or white-blue mixed!

I got the blue only....

blus makes corals look awsome

Hi Warr - I have thought of UV lights - BUT seeing the one actually want to have your Metal Halides UV protected, I thought that UV would be bad for one's corals.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this topic could BUTT in?

what do you mean ultra violet? all our lights are UV but most have shields! to much UV burns and bleaches corals

Talking about the purple light that makes white and dayglo look wicked ???

you mean the "blue" spectrum ? moon light ,coral star etc..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom