Hi all i'm new here is a picture of my tank

These have grown from 2 to 5 which is great yay

22844c068dec007b7.jpg

22844c068e8a066ae.jpg

Anyone got an ID on this one been in the tank since I got it, its about 1cm long and thin sort of eel and snake looking. Black with the yellow all down its body....?

Yip, have to agree, the tank is maturing nicely. Whenever someone looks at a tank, you can see who lives close to the ocean :biggrin:.

Good work Russel:)

Hey Guys, so my bubble tipped nennie split in two yesterday and i was wondering if ther are any special instruction on how to deal with this. The nennie has been in the tank for 3 weeks? it is eating well and seems happy, it does hide behind a rock though and now the two have move down in the tank where there is less light, should I move them or can I move them?

hi russel, sorry i never saw this thread. the 'thing'you were looking to ID is called an 'engineer goby' (Pholidichthys leucotaenia ) and it looks like you have a adult there. wonderful fish which love to burrow, but i have slight concerns that your substrate is a little course for him and he may battle to be truley comfortable with it. also watch out for rock falls as these fish are well named in the way they move gravel around an aquarium.

they can be paired in an aquarium too.

with regards the GBTA i think that stress from the move is what has caused it to split. dont try move it, let the nennie get used to the lights and find its own place for now. If its still deep in the reef and not feeding after some time (1 week or so) then i'd look to opening the rock work above it, but dont try move the nennie as this can damage the foot.

Id suggest posting your question regards the nennie splitting in the nennie forum so it gets better exposure and so that brenda can give you some ideas:)

hope that helps

Last edited:
hey i'm feeding it shrimp and muscle which I defrost in the tank water before feeding. I feed every second day.

that seems about right ... from the pics it looks like the nennie is a little bleached, with a bit of TLC, food and light i think you will soon have 2 healthy BTA's

as crispin said, nennies split under stress which is why it split either the move from the LFS or the shipping to SA are the most likely causes

Back
Top Bottom