Hammer Question

The split happens at the skeleton as the coral grows.

When the coral closes up,you will see the skeleton head will take on a figure 8 shape and when the split is complete you will have 2 heads of coral instead of one.

When the coral closes up,you will see the skeleton head will take on a figure 8 shape and when the split is complete you will have 2 heads of coral instead of one.

Ok now I am confused, The entire coral will split. Does this unit look like it has split or just a weird shape ?

52848027ccee353b.jpg

i can't see it from those pic's war ,take a pic when it is retracting.
i know some guys that brake the branches of then sticking them 45 degrees to th light, and this will make the proses much quicker of getting new heads and new branches.

War, you will have to get the polyps to retract completly so as to see the skeleton.

Hmmm, i will get a shot of mine tomorrow and show you what i mean. Those white sections under the polyps [gums] are a healthy sign and is an indication that the coral is growing.

Hmmm, i will get a shot of mine tomorrow and show you what i mean. Those white sections under the polyps [gums] are a healthy sign and is an indication that the coral is growing.

thanks, I love learning something new about my livestock :thumbup1:

Hi Warr - I would say that this is a VERY good sign if the heads split and multiply! Congrats man! Your coral seems to be in EXCELLENT health!

I agree, now the best thing to do would be to leave it alone and concentrat on keeping your water conditions up to scratch:)

I have touched him, this seems to be the best retraction I can get.
:lol::lol: Stop touching your corals :p If you want them to retract then vigorously wave your hand above the coral so as to disturb the water, they will then retract without you having to get your grubby paws on them and infect them with nicotine poisoning ;)

:lol::lol: Stop touching your corals :p If you want them to retract then vigorously wave your hand above the coral so as to disturb the water, they will then retract without you having to get your grubby paws on them and infect them with nicotine poisoning ;)

haha bloody well put!

My hammer loves a nicotine shot every now and then :p

I have don't have a branching type hammer, but one that has one complete 'S' shaped skeleton.

Is it possible to cut off a part of the skeleton and have a frag ?

Back
Top Bottom