• AVG

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • other

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Those of you that have used the free versions of Avast or AVG anti virus programs, which one do you prefer?

Use AVG at work and Avast at home, never had any hassels from either, just prefer Avast. Both seem to be better than Nortons.

Anything is better than Norton.

I don't know if we get a different version, but Norton is fairly well respected over here, just like the others mentioned it does it's job, my wifes PC uses norton, never had a problem with it. I suppose all these anti virus programmes are fine if you avoid gimp.com etc;)

Can you install and run 2 anti-virus programs on the same pc?

Hi guys - I always run AVG, ClamAV, AND ZoneAlarm on all my Windows PC's. I must say - up till now I have never (in 3.5 years) had a problem with viruses/trojans, etc on any of my PC's.

I used to run all the free antivirus programs, and still got virusses, until the Computer Fundies said to me that running more than 01 antivirus at a time, is not recommended as they work "against each other". Anyway, I bought Kaspersky internet security and it is definately way better than anything else I have ever put on the Pc, as well as the fact that it has an amazing free internet security for your cellphone, you choose your cellphone from a dropdown list, and download. Btw, I heard he was the guy that wrote antivirus programs for the Microsoft Empire's Computers or something like that...

my men, really now. was reading up in a PC mag and avira is a free anti virus that outperforms all others and most paid for programs to! was running norton, then switched to AVG and finally to Avira. Avira found 5 different viruses that the other programs didnt even pick up on in a deep scan. top notch stuff

Back
Top Bottom