Frank the Tank

new fish

P1260020.jpg

P1260021.jpg

P1260024.jpg

as you can see in the pics the diatom seams to be settling in nicely(hopefully it will unsettle when i get home and change the water) and the coraline is disappearing from the glass(can only hope it stays away).
I havn't seen my tank in almost two weeks... and i still got two more to go... :eek:

ey i never had those things... wish i did... @eurospirit has has some other wave makers that i might just get when i go home again to replace the sieo 1000's.

Oh lol my bad, you talking about the hydor wavemakers?

Is that a bluethroat trigger? Also going through a bit of a diatom outbreak at the moment, prob just due to the restart of the system, bit of a cycle going on. Did you use NSW when you setup?

Is that a bluethroat trigger?

Niger trigger as far as i'm aware. Odonus niger is what I have been told... i have not seen the oke with my own eyes... Rash went and got it for me.

Did you use NSW when you setup?

I mixed 200L of Redsea pro and put that in and then topped up with a mix of mine and mikes think I should of washed the aragonite better but that whole move operation was taking for ever.

Niger trigger as far as i'm aware. Odonus niger is what I have been told... i have not seen the oke with my own eyes... Rash went and got it for me.

I mixed 200L of Redsea pro and put that in and then topped up with a mix of mine and mikes think I should of washed the aragonite better but that whole move operation was taking for ever.

Triggers are the nuts! I also tried washing my aragonite, but even after hours of effort it still smelled so bad i decided not to put it back in the tank!

I also tried washing my aragonite, but even after hours of effort it still smelled so bad i decided not to put it back in the tank!
then leave it in an old salt bucket for a couple of months, covered in water. It will sort itself out, well the worst of itself. Then you can wash it and it will be OK, Will have a blackish central layer but will not be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom