Featured System June 2008 - Sunburst

Our Featured System for June belongs to Sunburst...

Congratulations on a stunning SPS dominated system.

full_tank_home.jpg

Click on the photo to see the full feature.

Your free hamper of Omega One foods compliments of Henk Hugo of www.peckoltia.co.za will be on it's way to you shortly.​

What a beautifully, wicked system. All the hard work has really paid BIG dividends.

Really great.

You talk about Zeo principals (without zeo bac), may I ask what this is ?

congrats & very well done sunburst! :thumbup:

how much does the zeovit cost / month & what do you dose?

cheers
ant
:)

Most definately a stunning tank. I have said it before and I'll say it again. Definately a tank I would not mind to have.

Congratulations Sunburst, well deserved..........

What a beautifully, wicked system. All the hard work has really paid BIG dividends.

Really great.

You talk about Zeo principals (without zeo bac), may I ask what this is ?
Thanks Warr. Big dividends. :) Yea, piece of mind, great distraction, the surge of success when things blossom, the simple pleasure of coming home in the evenings is interest paid 10 fold. Not to mention the accumulated knowledge, which in the "brave new world" helps us understand how flimsy these marine habitats truly are.

Regarding Zeo Bac; The system relies heavily on nutrient reduction, by stimulating bacterial growth (using a carbon source) which in turn ends up as food for Small Polyp Stony Corals. One concern is that unless you dose with Zeo Bac you run the risk of developing a mono cultured strain of bacteria with ...as far as i know unknown side effects.

I have not run Zeo Bac since July 2007, and have not seen any side effects. So until i am convinced what those effects may be, the status quo will remain.

Well done and congrats Sunburst, magic looking tank you have there:thumbup:
Thanks Bruce. Time we started seeing some sparks from you:)

congrats & very well done sunburst! :thumbup:

how much does the zeovit cost / month & what do you dose?

cheers
ant
Difficult to say Punk as dosing is done in the form of drops. For a 1000 litre tank you dose between 5 - 10 drops of each product. I use 6 of the Zeo Products, and they cost around R250 - R300 each. At a guess i would say that each product would last about 6 months. Therefore around R250 /month

Congrats Sean.:thumbup:

Fantastic tank Dude, very worthy winner:thumbup:
Thanks Man. That means a lot coming from the civilized world.

Most definately a stunning tank. I have said it before and I'll say it again. Definately a tank I would not mind to have.

Congratulations Sunburst, well deserved..........

You have a lot more already. :razz:But thank you kindly

I see at the beginning you said something about having less equipment... and then you have the AquaStar, CaRx, etc... so which equipment exactly were you referring to? Phos reactor and some sand?

I see at the beginning you said something about having less equipment... and then you have the AquaStar, CaRx, etc... so which equipment exactly were you referring to? Phos reactor and some sand?
Thats a start. But for me, as mentioned, the value is in the simplicity. No multi chambered sump. No UV with pump, No Ozone and its associated controllers, No Carbon and Phos reactors each with individual pumps. Lighting with ballasts, some even with halides. Refugium algae and sand needing care. And some even with seperate live sponge refugiums.

These are elements that many successful sps systems currently use. Although expense was an issue the overiding issue was to simplify and to automate. This reinforces the chance of long term success. aka Aquastar.... A calcium reactor is not debatable. Unless another automated form of alkalinity/calcium is applied.

I have been looking at the Zeovit product on-line.

Please could you answer a couple of questions:

Is this product mainly for SPS tanks ?

How do you work out which product you use, there seems to be over 20 different products in their range ?

Do you have to use the related hardware (skimmers, reactors etc.) ?

Then lastly, where is it available in RSA ?

Sorry for all the questions, but this product looks very interesting and with you & Mek using it, seems to do the job.

Is this product mainly for SPS tanks ?
Yes

How do you work out which product you use, there seems to be over 20 different products in their range ?
3 to start with. Zeo Bac, Zeo Start, Zeo Food

Do you have to use the related hardware (skimmers, reactors etc.) ?
No

Then lastly, where is it available in RSA ?
Good question...at the moment we are looking at buying online.

Sorry for all the questions, but this product looks very interesting and with you & Mek using it, seems to do the job.
So far so good. Its not a quick fix but rather a utility in aiding existing laws of Reef Keeping

Adolescence looming ahead

Yup Sean

Budding beaut she is.
Gotta keep her reined in, alright !

Does your foxface NOT have a black blotch/spot on flanks?
If so, it's a Lo/Siganus vulpinus....
S unimaculatus = 1spot, closely related or POSSIBLY same species acc to a few references.

Must drop me a line sometime.

Last edited:
nice one - contact me with an address where the couriers can find you during the day as well as a shopping list :D

Absolutely stunning Sean. When you decided to move over to Zeo did you do it in one go or gradually? If in one go were there any effects with the sudden change?

Back
Top Bottom