England's Below Average Rugby Team

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Look what happened in the cricket world cup Wee-man. Same thing with the rugby !

but in the cricket England ain't the current world champions;)

If the fish are as easy to bait as this was..... i bet i could catch loads:)

England beat us at the RWC ... are you being serious????

I think Wee-man is saying the Northern teams are better than the Southern hemisphere teams. I don't think so. Time for a poll.

England beat us at the RWC ... are you being serious????

we did last time:razz: and i would be the first to admit you wupped the kids we sent over this summer, but now we are sending the grown ups;)

I think Wee-man is saying the Northern teams are better than the Southern hemisphere teams. I don't think so. Time for a poll.

actually, i don't but really it's more fun this way, there can't be many people that don't accept the All Blacks are the best in the world and have been for so many years...so why have they only won one world cup??? it defies logic and form and just about anything else, South Africa beat them in the final - and what a match that was, so i belive did the Aussies, they won the first but any bookmaker would give rotten odds for New Zealand to win, so again, what goes wrong??

they are absolutely flying this year (and for the last 3years) so on form they must win

I would rate this years cup as NZ favourites, then France, the home team and capable of great rugby (also capable of some of the worst displays i have ever seen) Aus and SA
3rd favourites the rest (including England) no chance

found a pic of you Wee-man I think. Is that you in the middle ?
aroundtheback.jpg

Yep, thats me, in a British Lions shirt....... anyone remember 97':whistling: :whistling:
and the bloke in front of me, for those looking at ultimate reef, is Tony, aka reef bloke tank of the month last month, worth a view, his tank is fantastic,not huge but a work of art all the same, top bloke too:)

Is there a mod that could move the demented drivel of a sad Englishman into general discussions, we could leave this thread alone and have a pop on our own thread:)

wee man pls clarify for me

i heard that the only hot chick you get in london is a tourist?

mean while you may whip us in rugby our woman are better:lol:

If you think you can cope with a beautiful English rose, you wll have to wait till i'm at work tomorrow so i can upload one, the steam powered 'puter we have at home just ain't up to it:(

they are absolutely flying this year (and for the last 3years) so on form they must win

I would rate this years cup as NZ favourites, then France, the home team and capable of great rugby (also capable of some of the worst displays i have ever seen) Aus and SA
3rd favourites the rest (including England) no chance
I don't know so much esp. after the game on Saturday against the "B" team boks. The end score of that game was not a true reflection of the game, up until the 70th minute it was 9-6 and anybodies game. For the first time in a very long time i saw the back line of the All Blacks looking fairly ordinary. I think they may have a problem out wide and their line outs are still very weak. If i was a bookie i would be very nervous, will have to wait until this Saturday and see the final between Aus and All blacks.
I think one of the surprises this year could be Argentina, i haven't seen them play for ages but they are a very physical side, i would find it very difficult to put money on any team yet. S.A. at the moment has some really nice depth and many players to choose from our only weakness is the fly half position.

I would post a piccie of my missus but i'm not sure you could cope;)

i look forward to it, and if i cant handle i could always just explode:razz:

I don't know so much esp. after the game on Saturday against the "B" team boks. The end score of that game was not a true reflection of the game, up until the 70th minute it was 9-6 and anybodies game. For the first time in a very long time i saw the back line of the All Blacks looking fairly ordinary. I think they may have a problem out wide and their line outs are still very weak. If i was a bookie i would be very nervous, will have to wait until this Saturday and see the final between Aus and All blacks.

True, but I'm sure the All blacks were told to save their energy for the last minutes... that is def our weakness!!! How many time have we thrown it away at the dying min's of the game! Fitness??? Experiance??? They need to figure out what is going wrong.

I reckon we must watch out for france this year, they looking really good and man they have some great speed and tactics.

True, but I'm sure the All blacks were told to save their energy for the last minutes... that is def our weakness!!! How many time have we thrown it away at the dying min's of the game! Fitness??? Experiance??? They need to figure out what is going wrong.

I reckon we must watch out for france this year, they looking really good and man they have some great speed and tactics.

i think this world cup is much more open, the only side i have seen that have done really well is the All Blacks but they seem to have a problem with the world cup.

Don't want to be accused of harping on about 2003 but in England the year or so before the world cup there was such and expectation and air of victory, from the summer of 2002 England did dominate in rugby, the summer tour they swept all before them, beating the Aussies and Kiwis and SA before coming home to win the 6 nations and again before the world cup the pre world cup games England won them all.

Sadly we suffer as many teams do after a good victory all our players retire, the only team that doesn't seem to suffer this vacuum is NZ, the England squad now is....well very average, i don't think any England fan is hopeful of retaining the trophy, i can't even see them winning the group, there have been too many changes in the side without a chance for it to settle, oncle again we are pinning our hopes on Johnny Wilkinson - a true hero in 2003 but now i think he is carrying too many injuries to commit 100% to a game.

The French on home soil could be a real danger but they can get too commited to the game and explode instead of playing with cool heads - if they could then my money would go on them.

Still all that said i am seriously looking forward to the games and when the England v South Africa game is on i shall raise a glass to you lot regardless of how many points we wup you by:)

The piicies will be in the "what my fish see" at some point today.

All the best, and having a lot of fun, cheers all
Mike.

France is very unpredictable. 1 day unbeatable, the next disorganized and weak.

I also think the All Blacks will have their work cut out for them in the WC. I think any of the Northern Hemisphere sides have a good chance. They are practically home games for most to them. Australia are always tough mentally even away from home.

As for the boks, well our away record speaks for itself. So I feel we will also battle.

In the end of the day it will be the team that is mentally strongest that will win the Cup.

Don't forget our brilliant display at the Super 14.... SA has come a long way since 2003 so I've got big hopes for us this year.

Wise men, all of you. Few times have I encountered a rugby talk where this much sense was spoken. Alas, I must agree with Hill.....

"As for the boks, well our away record speaks for itself. So I feel we will also battle."

Well, i think it's time for a little update:-
France - you gotta laugh, a dreadful display by them but take nothing away from the Pumas for sheer passion and aggression they were great, they did not allow the French to get into the game at all.
England - i could cry, the worst display yet! the total lack of a plan B we have the players but they just seem to get trained to death, not told to go out there and play rugby, my only thought for Friday is how many points the SA team will get??
South Africa, a brilliant display and a hard faught victory over a very aggressive Samoa (the tackling was a bit over the top and at times downright dangerous but other than that i was impressed with their passion and speed)
Aus and NZ - as predicted destroyed 2 minnows very well - although Italy, once they had got over the shock of actually playing the All Blacks played rather good rugby and scored 2 tries - good effort (although it should have been 3 but 2 AB players rather cynically blocked the Italian that kicked over them - typical nasty behaviour in my personal opinion)

The one thing i was impressed with so far is that there no longer seems to be cricket scores against the smaller teams this to me means that rugby on a whole is increasing in popularity world wide, which must be a good thing for us rugby fans in general, recently in Italy the locals commented about the great atmosphere in the 6 nations games (as opposed to the football where the fans are a lot more aggressive towards each other) perhaps this is the reason why rugby is becoming more popular.

Anyway this could be my last word for a while cos after Friday's wooping i might be keeping my head down;) :(

Back
Top Bottom