DSB retrofit

Reaction score
A few months ago I bought a RO unit so now I had all my old 25L plastic drums lying around.I always thought that they could be useful and so I came up with this plan.
cutdrums.jpg

At last almost done.Refilled with a fresh batch of water ,thats this months water change sorted as well .
refill.jpg

Hay Zookeeper, nice Bucket DSB.
Just a note, it looks like you filled the sump up after the bucket of sand was placed in the sump, correct?
Although it’s a bit of a pain in the ass, I prefer to submerge the bucket in the sump first and then add the sand into the bucket. The reasion is that you will get rid of all the trapped air bubbles. You will only really notice the bubbles if the bucket was a glass tank where you can see all the trapped bubbles. Try running a long knife through the sand to release as many bubbles as you can, it will help but wont get even half of them out. The only 100% way is to re add the sand.
I am not even sure if trapped bubbles will cause any problems but thought I should let you know about it as I have seen this many times before. Cool

Thanks Andrew ,I see what you are saying .The problem is I had a hard time squeezing the buckets in and would have been impossable if they were full of sand.

Back
Top Bottom