Denitrator / Nitrate Reducer

A mV reading inside your tank water should typically be between -200 to -300mV, this is a sign of healthy oxygen rich water.

You mean +200 to + 300MV.

I run a denitrifier with an MV controller.
Pump switches on at -250MV, off at around -244MV
My denitrifier is full of deni-balls, they look like bioballs but are a carbon source.
I personally would not run the system without a controller, you just dont know what's happening inside the denitrifier. (Above -50, nothing worthwhile is happening, below -300MV and you are pumping H2S into your water.

Been running for about 3-4 months. Its dropped my nitrates from around 20-25ppm to just under 10ppm. Mine is a heavily stocked 1000L system.
Also got a DSB and a sump full of live rock. They all work, so why not have a bit of everything!

You mean +200 to + 300MV.

I run a denitrifier with an MV controller.
Pump switches on at -250MV, off at around -244MV
My denitrifier is full of deni-balls, they look like bioballs but are a carbon source.
I personally would not run the system without a controller, you just dont know what's happening inside the denitrifier. (Above -50, nothing worthwhile is happening, below -300MV and you are pumping H2S into your water.

Been running for about 3-4 months. Its dropped my nitrates from around 20-25ppm to just under 10ppm. Mine is a heavily stocked 1000L system.
Also got a DSB and a sump full of live rock. They all work, so why not have a bit of everything!

Thanks bud, I apreciate the input!

Back
Top Bottom