Could this be the resurrection ?

Reaction score
As you can see the skeleton is from an unfortunate bubble coral that was destroyed by my maroon clown.

I noticed this small growth on it, is it possible this coral is rising from the dead ?

528492048d14bf4f.jpg

Reaction score
how many lps has that maroon killed? he has a hit list worse than me :( but really cool to see that bubble comming back, it was a nice colony before so it would be great to see it bounce back:)

Reaction score
But is it possible for a coral to grow out of a dead skeleton, at least 4 months dead ?

I think it could just be a majano

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
It sure looks like a bubble coral to me Warr. BUT, unfortunately you will have to wait a few weeks more to have a really decent ID..... I have not yet see majano with such big bubbles....

Reaction score
That is a bubble coral. There must have been a tiny patch that stayed alive and is now growing. Good job, now I would consider relocating it so it can grow undisturbed by the clown.

Reaction score
That is a bubble coral. There must have been a tiny patch that stayed alive and is now growing. Good job, now I would consider relocating it so it can grow undisturbed by the clown.
I eventually got the clown his own, nemmie after a couple of LPS murders. So he shouldn't be a prob.

Here he is.

View attachment 80834