RSS China makes historic move to ban shark fin soup

Discussion in 'RSS Feeds' started by MASA Admin, 3 Jul 2012.

1. MASA Admin

MASA Admin Moderator

[​IMG]

Small moves can have strong, lingering results and today China has made a significant move to support the ban of shark finning on a global front. According to reports today, the Chinese Government Offices Administration of the State Council has reportedly agreed to stop serving shark fin soup at official banquets, to take effect in the next 1-3 years. Fueled by a proposal from 30 officials from the National People’s Congress, delegate Ding Liguo made the announcement about the news today to his microsite.

We’ve written extensively on the subject here at Reef Builders and it is good to see movement within the Chinese community. NBA superstar Yao Ming committed to the cause as ambassador for WildAid event making the vow never to eat shark fin soup in a PSA that has been viewed by hundreds of million of people in his native China.

While this may not lead to an immediate impact, the fact that the Chinese government is willing to change course is huge and may begin the forward momentum needed.

[via WildAid]
    Readers also viewed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. vincentputter

vincentputter I love Nayn cat!

Ok! Shark fininng crossed of the list. Next problem on the list! Rhinos!

4. SeanH

SeanH

No matter what they do it won't stop - "poaching" will increase because it will become a "rare" dish which will push the price up and therefor have snowball... if you get my meaning.

5. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

GEEZ...I don't want to cause a huge debate...:blush:..but honestly I feel thats rich coming from them, seeing as they started the whole thing in the first place, with their "exotic" Menu's...:(
    History of Shark Fin Soup – Shark Truth

Then the Rhino Horn...:(

The "powdered down Rhino horns" is also one used by them, to a degree...Fever Reducer...
    Unfortunately we are more to blame here...:(

Last edited: 4 Jul 2012
  6. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Hmm.....
    Start shark farming and Rhino farming?

Or ban all including chicken, fish, cattle farming etc.....

I wonder.....

Recent Posts