Bristleworm

its sounds like you are over feeding in that case. Bristle worms do far more good in a tank than a possible negative (its only a possible) and even if you dont like the sight of them that much they hide all day and only come out at night to do a job you definatley dont want other organisms to do for you..
@crispin ...yip I'll be the 1st to agree that I probably overfeed..:blush:..I've even cut my feeding by 50%..over the past 5-6months..and yet my LR looks like this...:eek:...I would actually go and say that I'm probably not over feeding...(contradiction...hehe)..because come out during broad daylight..:eek:...it's like they are starving...roam around during the day, noooo problem...:eek:

Pic anyone...? This is daylight roaming....:eek:..:eek:..:eek:

Bristlewormjpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@crispin ...yip I'll be the 1st to agree that I probably overfeed..:blush:..I've even cut my feeding by 50%..over the past 5-6months..and yet my LR looks like this...:eek:...I would actually go and say that I'm probably not over feeding...(contradiction...hehe)..because come out during broad daylight..:eek:...it's like they are starving...roam around during the day, noooo problem...:eek:

Pic anyone...? This is daylight roaming....:eek:..:eek:..:eek:

Holy crap! Now that's an infestation!!!!

You sure there isn't anything dead wedged underneath that LR?
..:005:..alas...no..:( They all look like that the minute food enters the tank...:eek:...they just peel out...:(

Do I spot about two heads of aptasia @belindamotion ? :whistling:
Ha ha...yes..not only do I have a Bristleworm infestation, I'm also having an Aiptasia Infestation...done the vinegar...joe's juice...scrubbled all the Rocks with kalkwasse and they still pop up...? Been fighting it for months and I'm very close to giving up and packing in...:(

These worms are excellent scavengers and an important part of your clean up crew. If not crucial.

Just be careful when you pick up rocks, as they hide underneath and you will burn.

The big ones normally dies due to competition from the smaller ones. And if you have 1 or 2, there are actually a lot more hiding within your rock structures.

Let them be.

yeah i don't mind the small ones but when they get to the size of that thing then they need to go for my sake if nothing else. Its just odd that one gets so much bigger than the others.

Only a reefer will go around proudly telling everybody that he got worms....
Even better, that he got an infestation.

Back
Top Bottom